Took 3 active BC pills at once

By Anonymous February 17, 2015 - 12:50pm

I've been on Ortho Evra for the past 2.5 years and had intercourse on Saturday. I realized I missed my dose on Saturday AND Sunday and took the back pills along with my dose for monday (3 pills at once) immediately before reading the instructions. This past sunday started my last week of active pills, and I typically get my period on day 2-3 of the fresh pack (not during (sugar pill week). I’m unsure of my ovulation schedule because of this.

A. Am I at risk of pregnancy?

B. Should I start a new active pack when I’m finished with my last active pills in my current pack (skipping the sugar pills?)
C. Should I obtain emergency contraceptive?

I answered your question earlier on another post. Please post your question just once - thanks for your understanding. 

I have copied my reply here, if you need to reply again, please do so on this thread, not the other.

You need to follow the instructions.  Whatever they said is what you need to do. 

I'm not sure what you mean when you say you missed Sundays's dose, if Sunday was the start of the inactive pills. That day will not matter. You have not been clear on what dates you mean. 

You can obtain emergency contraception if you are nervous, but if it more than 5 days since this happened, they will not work. If it's less than 5 days, it could work but your next cycle may be off as a result of these extra hormones.