took the plan b one step pill on the 9th of sept and 10 days later still no period

By September 19, 2012 - 8:08am

On I had unprotected sex on the seventh or eight because I believe it was midnight when we had the slip up and he came in me.... o on the nnth of Sept I took the plan b one step pill around sevin and I took a preg test on the 16 and it came back negative but now ten days later and still no period Iam scared that Iam preg idk what to do I need answers!

Ok thank you sooo much because the box says if you don't get your period in five days then your pregnant so I've been woried ....and also I didn't know that it could delay your period that long...so 14 days take a test.... THANK YOU SOOOOOOO MUCH!

Hi jaraveenj

Thanks for your post. Plan B can delay the next period so this is what may be happening with you. We can't say when you can expect your next period as it differs from one woman to the next. However, you can test for pregnancy 14 days after your have unprotected sex. Plan B is about 92% effective so your odds of pregnancy are quite low.