Depression

Depression Guide

ask: Treatment for depression

I am taking Wellbutrin and citalapam for depression. In the past, Ihave also taken lexapro and xanax. I cannot seem to enjoy anything or force myself to do things that I know I should do. Anymore, I don't want to go anywhere and only go when absolutely necessary, i.e. grocery store, doctor appointments. I don't even clean house anymore and delay showering for days. My therapist, who prescribes my medications, says I just have to force myself to get out and find something I enjoy. I try to explain to her that I can't force myself - I simply do not want to leave my comfort zone. Where is that medication that "lifts the clouds" and turns you into a new person? Talking to a psychiatrist didn't seem to do anything for me, nor did talking to a therapist or counselor. Am I expecting too much? I'm ready to stop taking these pills as they don't seem to do a thing for me.

Anonymous

I would like to know about how to cope with menopause.
Thanks.

Anonymous

I am feeling the same kind of behavior. I don't want to go out mix with people lost enjoyment in things i used to enjoy before. Not ready for anything loosing hope and interest.

sexy45

I have the same problem. I have to force myself to come out to meet people and my meds are a coktail mixture. There are times I feel like I don't want to be here because I feel that the world could do without a deppressed person.

Anonymous

Welcome to EmpowHER.  Sorry, to hear how you feel.  Depression is not an easy thing to deal  with.  But, there is ways to treat depression. It's important to discuss with your psychotherapist how you are feeling.  Most of the times, SSRI's and counseling together will help to treat depression.  It can take months before you can feel the effect of antidepressants, actually working.  You need to let your doctor or therapist know how you are feeling and how this is affecting your daily life.

Daisy

diane_10@earthl (reply to Anonymous)

Thanks for responding, Daisy. I have been taking anti-depressents since 2005. They seemed to work at first but not now and all my therapist tells me now is that I have to force myself to get out and do things. I can't seem to make her understand that that doesn't work. Like I said, I'm ready to just stop taking them. My previous psychiatrist who moved to another city would tell me the same thing. Don't they understand that by feeling the way I do, it is impossible to force myself to do anything?

Have you ever used an online community or social network to self-diagnose a medical problem?: