Trichomonas

By October 14, 2016 - 12:06am

My husband had an affair on me a year ago I just went to the gyno and got tested for everything and was waiting on my pap results my husband and I had not had sex though for almost 4 months well the day after I went to gyno we ended up finally having sex again then the next day I got a phone call them saying I had trichomonas but my husband had never had any symptoms but then I found this out and we had sexs the day before and not is having symptoms so he is now asking if I cheated knowing I didn't I am a mother of five and believed in my marriage he just don't believe he had it for a year with no symptoms and then we had sex again and now he says it feels like he is peeing razors. There is no easy he just got it from me I have been faithful

Hi J.breez

I'm sorry you're going through this and now dealing with Trich. It’s the most common sexually transmitted disease (STD) among young sexually active women today. Women are much more likely to contract the disease than men, and around 7.4 million new cases are reported each year.

It is not likely for trichomoniasis to be passed on between men, but women can contract the disease from either a male or a female. The condition is caused by a parasite called Trichomonas vaginalis. In men, this parasite infects the urethra and usually doesn’t cause any symptoms. (The only signs might be mild burning and irrtation.) In women, the parasite infects the vagina and is much more dangerous.

So your husband is wrong when he says he couldn't have it a year ago and have no symptoms. Since he is the one who had an affair, he'd not really in a position to start pointing fingers at you. He's projecting his embarrassment onto you. Since you had symptoms the day after he had sex with you, clearly he was the "doner" of the infection.

Make sure you and he get treated properly. As to his treatment of you, please stay strong and don't allow him to blame you or treat you badly.

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Sexually Transmitted Diseases Guide