trichomoniasis treatment

My fiance and I recently got a trich diagnosis. My doctor gave me a one time dose of four flagyl pills and my fiances doctor gave him the seven day treatment. I have been done with my treatment for well over a week and he only has three doses left of his he is on day six. Against better judgment we had unprotected sex today (day 6 for him). Im just wondering what the chances of reinfection are.

Hello Tia,

Welcome to EmpowHER. Thank you for reaching out to our community with your question regarding reinfection.

Per recommendations from the CDC, "People who have been treated for trichomoniasis can get it again. About 1 in 5 people get infected again within 3 months after treatment. To avoid getting reinfected, make sure that all of your sex partners get treated too, and wait to have sex again until all of your symptoms go away (about a week). Get checked again if your symptoms come back."

The concern is your fiance still had three more doses left when you had unprotected intercourse.
Please mention this to your physicians.

Trichomoniasis Guide