Trying to conceive

By February 26, 2015 - 11:58pm

Hi, I am almost 21 yo and the man I'm with is 20 years older than me. I am trying to conceive before he gets too much older so we can have a child of our own, he has 2 sons from his first marriage. In December I quit smoking so I could safely get pregnant and carry a child and of course after quitting my periods became all wacky and I missed mine January and now it came twice (brownish colored from January I am assuming and now my typical period which is now late). This obviously messed with my ovulation schedule so I'm curious whether I should use my old ovulation days or the new ones. And what can I do to raise the chances of conceiving without going to the doctor. There is nothing I dislike more than going to the doctor. Any help would be great. I am young but very mature and very ready for a child.

Hi drivecrazystepmom

There is no need to see a doctor at this stage, you'd have to be trying to conceive for a year before you'd need a doctor to see if anything is wrong, fertility-wise. 

Give your cycle a couple of months to get back to normal again and then go by that cycle. 

You can read lots more about conception here: