Pregnancy Guide

ask: Tubes are tied but still concerned I could be pregnant. Period is MIA.

Hello and thank you in advance to all who try to help =)

I had my tubes tied after my last pregnancy (17 months ago) and since then I have not paid much attention to what day of the month my period starts. I do know I had my period in February (my guess is I started on the 14th or 21st - it was a Sat. and towards the later part of the month) and it's now going on April and I have not had a period. I know it's very unlikely that I could get pregnant after having my tubes tied BUT I conceived my three boys extremely easily. I'm just a fertile mertile ;) So, I do not doubt my bodies ability to get pregnant. I did take a pregnancy test last thursday (March 26) and it was negative. I don't currently have health insurance, if I did I would just make an appt to see my Doctor. What are your thoughts? Think I could be pregnant? FYI my periods are never late. If anything they come early and they last abour 7-8 days (ugh!!).

Thanks!!
~ K

P.S. If I were indeed pregnant would I get a positive pregnancy test if it was an ectopic pregnancy?

Anonymous

Hello - I got pregnant in with my 2nd daughter in December 2012, and had her at the end of August 2013. I had a period in the middle of October 2013 (first one since childbirth), and then discovered the next month (November 2013) that I was pregnant again with my 3rd daughter. I had her at the end of July this year, and then had my tubes tied at the end of August. I was just over 4 weeks post partum when I had the surgery so I hadnt had a period yet. I had my first period since childbirth at the beginning of September, and then I had another one 2-3 weeks later. The first one was normal. The second one was kind of odd, it started off really light and then the second day was SUPER heavy, with kind of big clots, but not bigger than a golf ball. It was not painful, just really heavy. The rest of the period was somewhat normal. I have always had relatively light to moderate periods, and they were always spot on 28 days apart. If not, then it was either a day late or a day early. They were very regular. Based on the second period I had in September, I should have started again on October 23rd. So Im now 6 days late. I took a pregnancy test 4 days ago and it was negative. So if its not pregnancy, and if getting your tubes tied doesnt affect your cycle, could it just be because I had a baby 3 months ago and my hormones still arent balanced yet? Or could it be that I have been pregnant for practically 2 years lol....I am going on 29 years old. When do periods typically start changing? Thanks you so much for your help, and sorry for the long post!:)

Anonymous

I'm 38 yrs old, had my tubes tied 15 yrs ago and always have had normal cycles ever since then, until now, I'm going on 2 months without a period, I'm worried. I'm not sure at what age to expect minapause or could I be pregnant, I have been feeling tired and weak lately, I don't want another baby I have a 19 and 15 yr old now, so could there be a different reason behind my period stopping?

Anonymous

Lately thibgs have gotten worse i been feeling really sick moody and emotional like I've said before my tubes are tied i had my period this month it lasted like 3or4 days it median flow then 2 days after i got off i spotted for like 60 seconds like right now i feel really sick...

Anonymous

I had my tubes tied 13 months ago already had my period this month of October 14 2014 and i spotted this morning why? I've been really tired can some one help me understand what's going on

Maryann Gromisch RN Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Thank you for your question. You may want to talk with your primary care physician and your gynecologist. Blood tests to check your hormone levels might be in order. Fluctuations in any of the hormones that regulate the menstrual cycle might be the reason you had spotting nine days following your period. An under active thyroid gland could explain your fatigue.

Regards,

Anonymous

Hello I am very concerned about my self because the last 2 morning's I have woken up to the bottom of my stomach being hard and I already had my period on the sixth and i was a day late what could this b

Thank you for your question. Are you feeling a hard mass in your mid abdominal area or lower abdominal area? Are you having any other symptoms such as pain or constipation?

I do not know what could be the cause. If you continue to notice that this area feels abnormally hard, consider consulting your primary care physician, who can examine your abdomen.

Regards,

Anonymous

I want to know I had my tubes tied for 10 years can I still come out pregnant i haven't start in this month can u please tell me something

You need to speak with the physician who performed the tubal ligation.

The fallopian tubes are either tied together, sealed closed with a ring or clip, or cauterizing together using a mild electric current.

You could take a home pregnancy test to see if pregnancy is the reason for your late period.

Regards,

Anonymous (reply to Maryann Gromisch RN)

Where.I. find. a. physical. tubal. ligation. at?

Pregnant? Where do you get your information and support about pregnancy and delivery? :