Tubes are tied but still concerned I could be pregnant. Period is MIA.

By Anonymous March 31, 2009 - 10:43am

Hello and thank you in advance to all who try to help =)

I had my tubes tied after my last pregnancy (17 months ago) and since then I have not paid much attention to what day of the month my period starts. I do know I had my period in February (my guess is I started on the 14th or 21st - it was a Sat. and towards the later part of the month) and it's now going on April and I have not had a period. I know it's very unlikely that I could get pregnant after having my tubes tied BUT I conceived my three boys extremely easily. I'm just a fertile mertile ;) So, I do not doubt my bodies ability to get pregnant. I did take a pregnancy test last thursday (March 26) and it was negative. I don't currently have health insurance, if I did I would just make an appt to see my Doctor. What are your thoughts? Think I could be pregnant? FYI my periods are never late. If anything they come early and they last abour 7-8 days (ugh!!).

Thanks!!
~ K

P.S. If I were indeed pregnant would I get a positive pregnancy test if it was an ectopic pregnancy?

Anonymous

Has anyone ever had a healthy baby after tubal ligation?

I am 27, I had my tubes tied March 19th, 2015. The same day I had my son. Mu period have been like clock work, every 28days lasting 3-4days each cycle. Now.. I'm 4days late. No cramping, just a few twinges on my right side. I'm overly exhausted, my breasts are a tad sore, and feel queasy from time to time. If I had insurance id skip the worry and just go to the doctor. But that's not simple. I think I'm gonna buy a cheap test at the dollar store tomorrow if I haven't started by then, just to kinda clear my mind. Has anyone become pregnant with their tines tied? If so, What happened? If I happen to be pregnant, I won't be entirely upset. I love kids, but I would probably be totally shocked!!

Anonymous

Ok so i had my tubes tied and i have been feeling aick to my stomach for about a month now and ever sense i had my youngest who is now 2 years old ive had a period every month. Well now for going on 1 1/2 months i have not had one. Could i be pregnant or could it be something else ? Im confused and worried. My husband said to wait til the end of the month and if i still dont ha e one then we will see what happens. Please any advice would help.

Hello Anon

If you are two weeks late, take a test. Why are you waiting? It would be accurate by now.

I have my tubes tied 7yrs ago jan 15 2010 .. On new years jan 1.17 i discovered cramping below by belly button i didnt realize anything until 3 days later i could be pregnant well with holidays i didnt realize i missed 2weeks of my period. Is it possible i coukd have been pregnant..??

Did you take a test if so after how many days of late period? I'm currently 3 days late and want to give it another day before I test. I've had my tubes tied 3 years now.

Anonymous

I had a tl last November. This last month ive been having all the pregnancy symptoms, but thought nothing of it because I can't get pregnant...the other night after fooling around with my beau's, we noticed blood. I'm not due for my period for another week and a half. I bled bright red with large clots for about 12 hrs, then have been spotting on and off the last 2 days with hust mild cramps here and therr. Any advise would be appreciated

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Please contact your gynecologist's office to report this. Was the tubal ligation last month or November 2015?

Regards,

Anonymous (reply to Maryann Gromisch RN)

It was 2015. I have an appt scheduled for this afternoon. Thank you for your reply.

Anonymous

I am 32 years old and had tubal ligation which by the way was 11 years ago. My cycle has almost always been regular but I am currently 5 days late. Cramping is there like it's gonna start but nothing yet. No tenderness of the breasts. Everything seems the same except I sleep a lot. Idk I dont wanna get my hopes up but I'm really hoping I am. Tying my tubes was one biggest mistakes I've ever made in my life. I was nervous because my kids were a year apart and I didn't wanna keep having kids back to back. I didn't even think of other ways that were temporary. I was young and naive. Everytime my period is supposed to come I hope and pray it doesn't come. What should I do?