Tubes are tied but still concerned I could be pregnant. Period is MIA.

By Anonymous March 31, 2009 - 10:43am

Hello and thank you in advance to all who try to help =)

I had my tubes tied after my last pregnancy (17 months ago) and since then I have not paid much attention to what day of the month my period starts. I do know I had my period in February (my guess is I started on the 14th or 21st - it was a Sat. and towards the later part of the month) and it's now going on April and I have not had a period. I know it's very unlikely that I could get pregnant after having my tubes tied BUT I conceived my three boys extremely easily. I'm just a fertile mertile ;) So, I do not doubt my bodies ability to get pregnant. I did take a pregnancy test last thursday (March 26) and it was negative. I don't currently have health insurance, if I did I would just make an appt to see my Doctor. What are your thoughts? Think I could be pregnant? FYI my periods are never late. If anything they come early and they last abour 7-8 days (ugh!!).

Thanks!!
~ K

P.S. If I were indeed pregnant would I get a positive pregnancy test if it was an ectopic pregnancy?

Anonymous

Hi,
I'm a 29 year old mother of 6 (2 set of twins) 2 singles! My tubes are tied (not clipped or burnt) but I've missed my period. I always come on time and never late! Took pregnancy test and it was positive! Should i trust this result? It was my first morning urine and a week after my missed period!
Please give me answers

A false positive is quite rare so you certainly may be pregnant. Put a call into your doctor straight away for an exam.

Anonymous

I got my tubes tied after having my 5th baby last August. I took a pregnancy test two days ago and it was positive. Then I took another one yesterday and it was negative. So which one do I go by?

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Before I can advise you, we must determine that both tests were done properly.

Did you test once your period was late by at least seven days?
Did you test in the morning and used the first urine when you woke up?
Did you check the result at the designated time, not earlier or later?
Was it a name brand test? Did you check that it was not expired?

You could repeat the test one more time and take the two results that are the same, two out of three.

Regards,

Anonymous

I had my tubes tied in May of 2014 after having my 3rd child. Have always had regular periods like clockwork every 23 days lasting for 5 days. My last period was August 9, making me nearly 2 weeks late. I've taken 3 HPTs and all were negative with the exception of the 2nd test taken which only had a faint blue line. With all 3 of my children I've always had clear results right away. Is it possible that I could be pregnant even with having my tubes tied and still show a negative result?

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

The two most common reasons a pregnancy test is negative are you either tested too early (and your hormone level is too low to be detected) or you are actually not pregnant despite what your symptoms may be suggesting.

If all three test were high quality tests, you tested once your period was late by at least seven days, you tested with the first urine of the day, and each test was done about one week apart, then you can accept the negative and one questionable results.

I can only suggest you reach out to your gynecologist. Though the first test is a urine or blood pregnancy test, an ultrasound, if not done too early, can determine a pregnancy.

Regards,

Anonymous

I am 46 as of June, had tubal (cut, tied, burned) on December 3, 2006. My last normal period was may 21th, 2016 for about 5 -6 days. Around June 20th I had about 3-4 days of mucus spotting. Never really bled. July, I had nothing. Took test beginning of July, and one around the 18th of July. Both negative. My abdomen feels bloated, and I've had a little nausea, but nothing like my previous pregnancies. I've had 4 by my previous husband. Age wise, I know I'm in the perimenopause years. I also really, really want to be pregnant, my current husband has no children and we even discussed in vitro. But because I had elected for the tubal, insurance won't pay.
I keep hoping. Even though the tests say negative. I guess I should wait and see if I start in August. Might be why I feel so bloated.

I'm sorry that insurance won't pay. Is a reversal very expensive?

Or would you consider using a surrogate. There are other options rather than pregnancy. At 46, your likelihood of pregnancy is very very low and with a tubal it's probably zero. Consider other options and remember your husband married you knowing your age - I hope he is fully supportive whether or not you have kids together!

Good luck and don't give up yet!

Good luck and don't give up yet!

Anonymous

I'm 26 years old and have 3 beautiful kids but last month I was 3 weeks late and now this month I'm late also what should I do o and I have have my tubes Burt and tied