Tubes are tied but still concerned I could be pregnant. Period is MIA.

By Anonymous March 31, 2009 - 10:43am

Hello and thank you in advance to all who try to help =)

I had my tubes tied after my last pregnancy (17 months ago) and since then I have not paid much attention to what day of the month my period starts. I do know I had my period in February (my guess is I started on the 14th or 21st - it was a Sat. and towards the later part of the month) and it's now going on April and I have not had a period. I know it's very unlikely that I could get pregnant after having my tubes tied BUT I conceived my three boys extremely easily. I'm just a fertile mertile ;) So, I do not doubt my bodies ability to get pregnant. I did take a pregnancy test last thursday (March 26) and it was negative. I don't currently have health insurance, if I did I would just make an appt to see my Doctor. What are your thoughts? Think I could be pregnant? FYI my periods are never late. If anything they come early and they last abour 7-8 days (ugh!!).

Thanks!!
~ K

P.S. If I were indeed pregnant would I get a positive pregnancy test if it was an ectopic pregnancy?

Anonymous

Had period on time ever months sense sonow was born tube are tied andown am two day late could I be pregant it's been almost a year sence getting fix but I guess it could be stress

Anonymous

I have had my tubes tied for 12 years and for the month of Feb hadn't a period but have been nausea at night an in the morning I just feel like something not rite so is there a way that I could be pregnant cause my oldest is 21 years old please help me

Hello Anon

If your period is late, take a test to rule pregnancy out.

If it's negative, you may be peri-menopausal which is the time we see changes in our body as our fertility levels begin to fade.

Anonymous

I'm a week late for my period. My tubes have been tied for 8yrs. I usually have signs when I'm about to start, I haven't had any. How long do I need to wait before I go to my PCP to see y I haven't had my period?

Hello Anon

You can take a home pregnancy test any time now.

Anonymous

Has anyone ever had a healthy baby after tubal ligation?

I am 27, I had my tubes tied March 19th, 2015. The same day I had my son. Mu period have been like clock work, every 28days lasting 3-4days each cycle. Now.. I'm 4days late. No cramping, just a few twinges on my right side. I'm overly exhausted, my breasts are a tad sore, and feel queasy from time to time. If I had insurance id skip the worry and just go to the doctor. But that's not simple. I think I'm gonna buy a cheap test at the dollar store tomorrow if I haven't started by then, just to kinda clear my mind. Has anyone become pregnant with their tines tied? If so, What happened? If I happen to be pregnant, I won't be entirely upset. I love kids, but I would probably be totally shocked!!

Anonymous

Ok so i had my tubes tied and i have been feeling aick to my stomach for about a month now and ever sense i had my youngest who is now 2 years old ive had a period every month. Well now for going on 1 1/2 months i have not had one. Could i be pregnant or could it be something else ? Im confused and worried. My husband said to wait til the end of the month and if i still dont ha e one then we will see what happens. Please any advice would help.

Hello Anon

If you are two weeks late, take a test. Why are you waiting? It would be accurate by now.

I have my tubes tied 7yrs ago jan 15 2010 .. On new years jan 1.17 i discovered cramping below by belly button i didnt realize anything until 3 days later i could be pregnant well with holidays i didnt realize i missed 2weeks of my period. Is it possible i coukd have been pregnant..??