Tubes are tied but still concerned I could be pregnant. Period is MIA.

By Anonymous March 31, 2009 - 10:43am

Hello and thank you in advance to all who try to help =)

I had my tubes tied after my last pregnancy (17 months ago) and since then I have not paid much attention to what day of the month my period starts. I do know I had my period in February (my guess is I started on the 14th or 21st - it was a Sat. and towards the later part of the month) and it's now going on April and I have not had a period. I know it's very unlikely that I could get pregnant after having my tubes tied BUT I conceived my three boys extremely easily. I'm just a fertile mertile ;) So, I do not doubt my bodies ability to get pregnant. I did take a pregnancy test last thursday (March 26) and it was negative. I don't currently have health insurance, if I did I would just make an appt to see my Doctor. What are your thoughts? Think I could be pregnant? FYI my periods are never late. If anything they come early and they last abour 7-8 days (ugh!!).

Thanks!!
~ K

P.S. If I were indeed pregnant would I get a positive pregnancy test if it was an ectopic pregnancy?

Anonymous

I'm 26 years old and have 3 beautiful kids but last month I was 3 weeks late and now this month I'm late also what should I do o and I have have my tubes Burt and tied

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Did you finally get a period last month? Is the late period a new pattern? Has this only happened last month and this month?

Consider speaking with your gynecologist.

Anonymous

Hello im 30 yrs old and have 3 children 10yrs 16 months and 6 months i had my tubes ties January12,2016. I have had a period faithfully every month since but now im late and worried i could be pregnant. Im having moderate to sometimes severe cramping but no bleeding what should i do.?

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Call and report this to your gynecologist. You want to rule out an ectopic pregnancy.

Anonymous

I am concerned. I had my last period on the 27th of April. I had a tubal ligation 7 years ago. I was due for my period on the 25th of May. I had a few cramps yesterday nothing like what I normally get and my periods are like clockwork. They are usually early by a day or two not ever late. Last month when I had my period it was pretty heavy ... I'm 96lbs. I have had three children vaginally. I am 30 years old and just wondering what is going on. I have never in my life missed a period unless I was pregnant ... so the thing about my BMI is not exactly correct I have always been small, aside from having my kids! I haven't taken a test yet because to be honest i do want another baby. The only reason I got my tubal done was because of my ex husband he was abusive and I was afraid of him.

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

I am sorry to hear that you were a victim of domestic abuse. Hopefully, he is out of your life and you no longer live in fear.

Have you had unprotected intercourse since your last normal period?
If so, wait one week and take a home pregnancy test. I understand you do not want another child, but you need to know.

Odds are stress could be causing a delay in the start of your period.

Talk with your gynecologist. Even though you had a tubal ligation seven years ago, if you have been sexually active, the probability of getting pregnant is very low, but still possible.

Keep in touch,

Anonymous (reply to Maryann Gromisch RN)

I DO want another child ..... I am remarried and he has not children of his own.... also I haven't taken a home pregnancy test. I do have unprotected intercourse with my husband.

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Please accept my apology for misreading your wish to have another child.

Regards,

Anonymous

Hi I had my tubes tired 13 years ago. I started my period March 29th and Ended April 5th now its May 5th and I am now 7 days late. I have tooken a pg test a few days ago and has came back negative. Question here is since I have started at the end of march and the beginning of April does this count as my April period?

It's not actually necessary to get a period (like an April period or a May period) if a cycle is longer than 30 days. Some women have a 35 day cycle and will technically skip a month now and again.

How old are you? If you are over 40 and certainly over 45 you may be entering perimenopause where periods start changing. Some now get three week periods, other five week periods. Since your test is negative and your tubes are tied, your risk of pregnancy is nearly zero.

However, stranger things have happened in life! Wait to see what happens in the next week and if you don't get your period call you doctor for a blood test. That way you can confirm the pregnancy issue and also see where you stand hormonally.