Pregnancy Guide

ask: Tubes are tied but still concerned I could be pregnant. Period is MIA.

Hello and thank you in advance to all who try to help =)

I had my tubes tied after my last pregnancy (17 months ago) and since then I have not paid much attention to what day of the month my period starts. I do know I had my period in February (my guess is I started on the 14th or 21st - it was a Sat. and towards the later part of the month) and it's now going on April and I have not had a period. I know it's very unlikely that I could get pregnant after having my tubes tied BUT I conceived my three boys extremely easily. I'm just a fertile mertile ;) So, I do not doubt my bodies ability to get pregnant. I did take a pregnancy test last thursday (March 26) and it was negative. I don't currently have health insurance, if I did I would just make an appt to see my Doctor. What are your thoughts? Think I could be pregnant? FYI my periods are never late. If anything they come early and they last abour 7-8 days (ugh!!).

Thanks!!
~ K

P.S. If I were indeed pregnant would I get a positive pregnancy test if it was an ectopic pregnancy?

Anonymous

Hi I have 2 kids and my youngest is 6, I got my tubes tied In 2008 my period is very regular and it's always on point.. but I did NOT get my period the hole month of February and that's not normal for me. I just started bleeding now and it's very heavy could I be pregnant or having a miscarriage.

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

It sounds like you have your period although if you think you may be having miscarriage, a pregnancy test may show up as positive so you might find out through that. 

If you are near 40, your periods may be becoming irregular or you just may have skipped a month for no discernible reason.

I'm only 36, but I really do want to have another baby

Anonymous

Hi my name is Beka an my tubes have been tied for 8 years now. I just remarried an we have been wanting a baby or babies! But cant really afford to have my tubes untied right now

Anonymous

Hi
I have to know what is going on I have my tubes tied for 8 years now an have for the most part have a regular schedule pried every month. In January I started on the 12th an went for about 6 days. Now its February 25 an I have not stopped at all! I am feeling very tired during the day an at night I can't sleep an I have no apatite an that is making me feel throwing up! I really want another baby but I am so worried that it could be a tubal pregnancy! Please help me know what to do! I took 2 test over the weekend and they were negative. HELP!!!!!!

Anonymous

Hello, I had my tubes tied 4 years ago and I have an appointment set with a reproduction center to have them reversed. But I noticed that I'm very emotional crying 5 times a day, breast feel fuller, nausea, eating less, but my weight is going up and down for the last 2 weeks. I really want another baby with my fiancé but I dont want to keep my hopes up if I'm not. If I take a pregnan test would it be accurate? Thanks ladies BRUNA J

Hi Bruna

Your odds of pregnancy are very low.  Your symptoms are likely due to your decision to have this surgery and is based on your emotional health. You may be experiencing PMS - symptoms are similar to pregnancy. 

A test will be accurate 2-3  weeks after you have sex.

Anonymous

I had my tubes tied and Bert and click for 13 years now but for the last couple of months I have been feeling like I could b Pregnant. Well there was the 3 dreams I had of me being pregnant, I have been eating a lot and gaining a lot of weight. And my breast are very tender. I have took a pregnancy testand it came back negative. I still have my. I normally get it for 7 days . But lately it over 2 to 3 day . Could I be pregnant or is just me worrying.

Your continuing periods (even if they are shorter) and negative pregnancy test indicates you are not pregnant. 

You are gaining weight because you are eating too much. Eat less and exercise more and you'll be back to normal again. 

Anonymous

Well I commented to one these last week. I had an ectopic pregnancy and had that tube removed then had the other tube tied ......at least that's wat my insurance paid for. Well on January 17,2015 my hubby and I found out that I was very much pregnant. The doctor thought it was in my tubes. But 6 days after we found out, we lost the baby. Yes I had a miscarriage and it was very much in my uterus. We were all shocked and excited at the same time. But now that we know it's a possibility, we just gonna keep on trying. GOD really does a sense of humor, and if it's meant to be then man can't stop wat GOD has planned.

Pregnant? Where do you get your information and support about pregnancy and delivery? :