Tubes are tied but still concerned I could be pregnant. Period is MIA.

By Anonymous March 31, 2009 - 10:43am

Hello and thank you in advance to all who try to help =)

I had my tubes tied after my last pregnancy (17 months ago) and since then I have not paid much attention to what day of the month my period starts. I do know I had my period in February (my guess is I started on the 14th or 21st - it was a Sat. and towards the later part of the month) and it's now going on April and I have not had a period. I know it's very unlikely that I could get pregnant after having my tubes tied BUT I conceived my three boys extremely easily. I'm just a fertile mertile ;) So, I do not doubt my bodies ability to get pregnant. I did take a pregnancy test last thursday (March 26) and it was negative. I don't currently have health insurance, if I did I would just make an appt to see my Doctor. What are your thoughts? Think I could be pregnant? FYI my periods are never late. If anything they come early and they last abour 7-8 days (ugh!!).

Thanks!!
~ K

P.S. If I were indeed pregnant would I get a positive pregnancy test if it was an ectopic pregnancy?

Anonymous

38 years old. Tubal ligation in 2001. First day of last period was November 21, 2015. Today is January 19, 2016. Noticed some pelvic tightening. No other symptoms such as nausea or vomiting. Too early for perimenopause? Worried about PCOS. Ovaian Cancer..etc...

January 19th 2016, I posted about not having a menstrual since November 21, 2015. As of February 6th 2016, still no menstrual. I tested Jan 26th 2016. Negative. I decided to stop stressing and just allow my body to take its time. I am not in any pain. Last week I did notice some menstrual cramps. Maybe ovulation. I have an appt to see the OBGYN in April. That was the earliest I could get. I don't feel anything is emergent at this time.

I am feeling pregnant. My tummy feels strange, I'm a month late.. But hpt x2 are neg.. My hubby thinks I'm crazy.. But in tired, sudden hypertension, few days of nausea/upset stomach.. Then threw up for no reason last night.. I went ahead and made obgyn appt to get blood work.. from what ive been reading.. although rare it is possible. Good luck.

Maryann Gromisch RN Guide (reply to Anonymous)

I can appreciate your concern. For peace of mind, consider contacting your gynecologist.

Women start perimenopause at different ages. You may notice signs of progression toward menopause, such as menstrual irregularity, sometime in your 40s. But some women notice changes as early as their mid-30s.

Polycystic ovary syndrome or PCOS signs and symptoms often begin soon after a woman first begins having periods. In some cases, PCOS develops later during the reproductive years, for instance, in response to substantial weight gain.

Irregular periods is the most common symptom. Elevated levels of male hormones called androgens may result in physical signs, such as excess facial and body hair, adult acne or severe adolescent acne, and male-pattern baldness.

Early-stage ovarian cancer rarely causes any symptoms. Advanced-stage ovarian cancer may cause few and nonspecific symptoms that are often mistaken for more common benign conditions, such as constipation or irritable bowel.

Signs and symptoms of ovarian cancer may include:

Abdominal bloating or swelling
Quickly feeling full when eating
Weight loss
Discomfort in the pelvis area
Changes in bowel habits, such as constipation
A frequent need to urinate

I hope this information gives you some comfort until you can speak with your doctor.

Regards,

Anonymous

Good day all! I am 42 yrs old and had a tubal in August of 2011. The last 6 months my cycle has called me every 21 days, normal flow. My last cycle was Nov 28th. Since then I spotted once, one wipe which I thought was the beginning of my cycle and breasts were brutally painful for a couple of days. No cycle whatsoever, my emotions are all over the place. I tested 4 times, all neg. Thoughts?

Could be early onset of perimenopause. Telephone your gynecologist.

Anonymous

I'm 34 have had my tubes tied for 8 years. I have just missed my period. One hpt read positive the other read negative. I'm having nausea after eating. Always hungry and always having to use the restroom. Not sure what to do from here.

Best of luck to all you other ladies out there with your situation.

Telephone your gynecologist about this.

Anonymous

Hi, i had my tubes tide in april 2011. I hjad my last period nov 19th 2015 its already jan 6th and no period. Wasnt concern until last week that i felt morning sickness after i eat i wanted to throw up. I get nausiate and dizzy. Now im freakin out. Took a test but came out neg. But my urine was clear yes had just drink like 3 bottles of water in less than 45 min. Had pee 3 times then. I took the test around 330pm. So ive read that u shpuldnt drink too much water. Can i b pregnant or just going threw a cycle skip. Ugh..

I would disregard that negative test result. You did not test properly.

For the most accurate result, test in the morning and use the first urine of the day. Urine is concentrated from being in your bladder overnight.

Repeat the test.

Regards,

Pregnant? Where do you get your information and support about pregnancy and delivery? :