Pregnancy Guide

ask: Tubes are tied but still concerned I could be pregnant. Period is MIA.

Hello and thank you in advance to all who try to help =)

I had my tubes tied after my last pregnancy (17 months ago) and since then I have not paid much attention to what day of the month my period starts. I do know I had my period in February (my guess is I started on the 14th or 21st - it was a Sat. and towards the later part of the month) and it's now going on April and I have not had a period. I know it's very unlikely that I could get pregnant after having my tubes tied BUT I conceived my three boys extremely easily. I'm just a fertile mertile ;) So, I do not doubt my bodies ability to get pregnant. I did take a pregnancy test last thursday (March 26) and it was negative. I don't currently have health insurance, if I did I would just make an appt to see my Doctor. What are your thoughts? Think I could be pregnant? FYI my periods are never late. If anything they come early and they last abour 7-8 days (ugh!!).

Thanks!!
~ K

P.S. If I were indeed pregnant would I get a positive pregnancy test if it was an ectopic pregnancy?

RealSweet

I got my tubes tied 7 years ago but my period is 21days later! I have taken 2hpt first response and both are negative! ! My body is starting to feel some what different I guess unless its all In my head! I have the period calendar downloaded on my phone and my period usually starts that exact date I mean I spotted a lil bit wen I wipe maybe 1 or 2 days bit that's it ! Should I be concerned if im pregnant

Anonymous (reply to RealSweet)

I. feel. the. same. i. did. had. period. 2month. I'm. on. my. period. on. same. month I. still. feel. the. move. in. my. stomach.

Maryann Gromisch RN Guide (reply to RealSweet)

Hello RealSweet,

I think you should be concerned because your period is now 21 days late. Depending on the type of tubal ligation performed seven years ago, there is a chance for pregnancy. Sometimes, the fallopian tubes are tied to occlude rather than cut. Check with your gynecologist.

Please keep us updated.
Regards,

RealSweet (reply to Maryann Gromisch RN)

Thanks I sure will!!

Anonymous

Hello. I'm a little wworried about something. I currently have my tubes tied for 3years and have had a regular period at the beginning of each month since. This month I have been experiencing slight cramping off and on. I just started my 2nd period for the month. I'm a little scared since I know tubal pregnancies can be dangerous. Can someone give me some insight as to why I'm having 2 periods this month and the cramping off and on without the period..Thank you

Anonymous

I had my tube tied over 6 years ago I am 30 days late I only get my period for 3 or 4 day I been having sex a lot and we'll I am on my period I have sex.. sorry for to much info my last period was on July 30 until the aug 2 it ened.. I feel like I am pregnant I feel wired all the pregnancy test I took were all negative I had blood work and I am fine what gapping to me.

Maryann Gromisch RN Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Thank you for your post. I am assuming that your gynecologist or primary care physician ordered the blood tests that all came back negative for pregnancy and that you are fine.

What does your physician think the cause of your late period could be?

Regards,

Anonymous

I think I had a miscarriage but not for sure I got my tubes tied in December of 2012 and about a month ago I realized that I was a month and a half late on my period( since the weekend of 4 of july) and I been having the pregnancy symptoms but for the past week I have been experiences horrible back pain and earlier today the pain got so bad that I couldnt even move and out of no where I started bleeding heavily is there a possibility that maybe I could of been pregnant and had a miscarriage

I just read your post. Give your gynecologist a call. Heavy bleeding following a period that was late by one and one half months is abnormal and should be reported.

If indeed this was a miscarriage, you want to be certain there is no retained products of conception. Retained products of conception refers to placental and/or fetal tissue that remains in the uterus after a miscarriage.

Regards,

Wow it sure sounds like it. U can go to the doc and they can check ur levels and if they ur up any at all you was. But with your tubes tied u should gobjust to make sure u don't need a DNC. Keep usbup dated if u do.

Pregnant? Where do you get your information and support about pregnancy and delivery? :