Q: 

Tubes are tied but still concerned I could be pregnant. Period is MIA.

By Anonymous March 31, 2009 - 10:43am

Hello and thank you in advance to all who try to help =)

I had my tubes tied after my last pregnancy (17 months ago) and since then I have not paid much attention to what day of the month my period starts. I do know I had my period in February (my guess is I started on the 14th or 21st - it was a Sat. and towards the later part of the month) and it's now going on April and I have not had a period. I know it's very unlikely that I could get pregnant after having my tubes tied BUT I conceived my three boys extremely easily. I'm just a fertile mertile ;) So, I do not doubt my bodies ability to get pregnant. I did take a pregnancy test last thursday (March 26) and it was negative. I don't currently have health insurance, if I did I would just make an appt to see my Doctor. What are your thoughts? Think I could be pregnant? FYI my periods are never late. If anything they come early and they last abour 7-8 days (ugh!!).

Thanks!!
~ K

P.S. If I were indeed pregnant would I get a positive pregnancy test if it was an ectopic pregnancy?

Hi, I'm 34 years old and had my tubes clamped 3 years ago. My periods have been regular up to this point, about 27-28 days. My last period was Feb 24, it only last 2 days and was very light. (I could have worn 1 tampon for the entire thing.) They normally last 3-4 days, heavy at first then lightening up. I am roughly a week late now. I have also had heavy discharge for the past week, lower back pain, breakouts on my face,and poor circulation. I took a pregnancy test last Thursday and got a faint positive. I took another on Friday and got a negative. Could I be pregnant or is this the start of menopause? My periods are normally like clockwork, I'm healthy, and not stressed.

HERWriter Guide (reply to Jennrusso)

Hello Jenrusso

A false positive is rare - take another to make sure. A blood test may be needed.

Anonymous

Hi there I'm going through the menopsuse .I've had my tubes tied since 1995,I've had no period since 2016.,I've got a lot funny feeling going on in my stomach and my breasts r sore.why is this.could I be pregnant

Hello Anon

You are probably too old now to get pregnant but take a test just in case. Your symptoms may be due to the hormonal changes that menopause causes.

Anonymous

I had my tubes tied on Jan 17 2017 (Jan 8-11 I Had my period) well 29-30 of Jan I was spotting and had flow on Jan 31 - feb 3.. so far on the pink pad app my periods are 23 days apart and I'm 4 days late but I'm counting 28 days so today feb 27 its 28 days and I should expect my period today so will see I'm worried just to have a etopic pregnancy..my dr did mention my period can be abnormal after the surgery and for me to take birth control pills to get my period regular .

Anonymous

Had period on time ever months sense sonow was born tube are tied andown am two day late could I be pregant it's been almost a year sence getting fix but I guess it could be stress

Anonymous

I have had my tubes tied for 12 years and for the month of Feb hadn't a period but have been nausea at night an in the morning I just feel like something not rite so is there a way that I could be pregnant cause my oldest is 21 years old please help me

Hello Anon

If your period is late, take a test to rule pregnancy out.

If it's negative, you may be peri-menopausal which is the time we see changes in our body as our fertility levels begin to fade.

Anonymous

I'm a week late for my period. My tubes have been tied for 8yrs. I usually have signs when I'm about to start, I haven't had any. How long do I need to wait before I go to my PCP to see y I haven't had my period?

Hello Anon

You can take a home pregnancy test any time now.