ask: Tubes are tied but still concerned I could be pregnant. Period is MIA.

Hello and thank you in advance to all who try to help =)

I had my tubes tied after my last pregnancy (17 months ago) and since then I have not paid much attention to what day of the month my period starts. I do know I had my period in February (my guess is I started on the 14th or 21st - it was a Sat. and towards the later part of the month) and it's now going on April and I have not had a period. I know it's very unlikely that I could get pregnant after having my tubes tied BUT I conceived my three boys extremely easily. I'm just a fertile mertile ;) So, I do not doubt my bodies ability to get pregnant. I did take a pregnancy test last thursday (March 26) and it was negative. I don't currently have health insurance, if I did I would just make an appt to see my Doctor. What are your thoughts? Think I could be pregnant? FYI my periods are never late. If anything they come early and they last abour 7-8 days (ugh!!).

Thanks!!
~ K

P.S. If I were indeed pregnant would I get a positive pregnancy test if it was an ectopic pregnancy?

rubi

I also had my tubes tied in 12\14\2009.. I hace has my period every month well now im 10 days late and i had Brown dishcharge last week, and pink spotting. What's going on !!!

Maryann Gromisch RN Guide (reply to rubi)

Hello rubi,

In some cases, pregnancy following a tubal ligation can occur because of recanalization Recanalization occurs when the ends of the fallopian tube regenerates and form slit-like spaces and pouches or the ends of the tubes meet and re-establish the patency of the tube.

Take a home pregnancy test. Test in the morning and use the first urine of the day.

Or, just call your gynecologist to report this.

Regards,

Anonymous

I had my tubes tide in 2001. My cycles are generally 30-34 days. My last menstrual cycle began April 19th 2015. It was normal. Today is June 2nd and still haven't started my period. I thought i Ovulated on May 5th 2015. But obviously not. I haven't had any unusual new stressors in my life. I have noted lower back pain and mild cramping. Did i ovulate late?

Im updating my status...I started spotting today June 6 2015...I do believe this begins my cycle...I guess I ovulated about 2 weeks later than I expected...

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

We cannot tell someone when they ovulated. 

Pregnancy for you would be rare but it can happen. A pregnancy test is a good idea. 

If you are not pregnant and over 40, then your cycle may be changing due to perimenopause.

Hi am having the same problem but my last period was April 17 2015 and I still haven't started and I have my tubes tide. My boobs are getting bigger tho and I do not no why.

Hi I am having the same problem I came on in march twice but I didn't come on in april or may this has never happened to me I took a pregnancy test to and I seen a light line and a dark but I went to get a ultrasound and my doctor said everything is normal but I dont feel like it I have cramp my lower back be hurting and everything I eat make my stomach hurt alot and I been this way for two months and six days if I don't come on my menstrual by the end of this month I know im pregnant for sure and it has been five years since I had my tubes tied I got them tied back in 2009 after I got a c~section I need help

As of June 5th still no menstrual..I have mild cramps..soar breast..no nausea or vomiting..I haven't taken another pregnancy test yet..Guess i will wait a few more weeks then go to the physician..

We can't say when you ovulated but I think a pregnancy test is a good idea. Your risk is very low but at least it will rule that out.

Anonymous

OK so I'm reading a lot of similar issues with other women. I had my tubes tied 09/25/2012 the day my son was born. My period has been regular every month always comes on the 17th. Well February it was normal March it was 2 weeks early, April it came 1 week after it normally does and so far this month (May) it's just not shown up yet. 11 days late and counting but I've been cramping for the past 2 weeks. I don't have insurance and can't afford a did or I would go. I haven't taken a hpt yet cause I've been broke after paying the bills. I'm a single Mom of 3 can't afford a lot ya know. Any advice would be appreciated.

Pregnancy Guide

Pregnant? Where do you get your information and support about pregnancy and delivery? :