Pregnancy Guide

ask: Tubes are tied but still concerned I could be pregnant. Period is MIA.

Hello and thank you in advance to all who try to help =)

I had my tubes tied after my last pregnancy (17 months ago) and since then I have not paid much attention to what day of the month my period starts. I do know I had my period in February (my guess is I started on the 14th or 21st - it was a Sat. and towards the later part of the month) and it's now going on April and I have not had a period. I know it's very unlikely that I could get pregnant after having my tubes tied BUT I conceived my three boys extremely easily. I'm just a fertile mertile ;) So, I do not doubt my bodies ability to get pregnant. I did take a pregnancy test last thursday (March 26) and it was negative. I don't currently have health insurance, if I did I would just make an appt to see my Doctor. What are your thoughts? Think I could be pregnant? FYI my periods are never late. If anything they come early and they last abour 7-8 days (ugh!!).

Thanks!!
~ K

P.S. If I were indeed pregnant would I get a positive pregnancy test if it was an ectopic pregnancy?

Anonymous

Hi I'm 22 I just had my baby on sept.5 2014 by c- section I have 5 kids now n got my tubes tied but my doctor told me she cut one of my ovary bcuz one of my tubes were stick to one of my ovary so my question is can I still get prego my husband is locked up n should b coming out next month so I wanna b prepared jus in case to use another protection not to cone out prego...

Anonymous

Hi, I got clips on my tubes Dec. 23 2013 after having my third child and after having her my periods were regular until about three months ago I had a lil spoting for like tow days if that and nothing since and I took a hpt like two weeks ago it was negative but I have all the symptoms of being pregnant can some one help me

Maryann Gromisch RN Guide (reply to Anonymous)

I think you need to consult your gynecologist. A sudden change in your normally regular menstrual cycle must be evaluated. Your gynecologist can order a blood pregnancy test and an ultrasound to determine if you are indeed pregnant.

Regards,

Anonymous

Ok ladies I have a question I had my tubes tied about 4 years ago I've always had normal periods an now I haven't had one or spotting of any sort for the past 2 an half months! I took a home pregnancy test and it came out negative!! Any advice on what it could be???

I suggest you consult your gynecologist. The sudden change from normal menstrual cycles to nothing for two and half months needs to be evaluated. Depending on your age, perimenopause is a possibility. A hormonal imbalance is another.

Regards,

Anonymous (reply to Maryann Gromisch RN)

I don't understand how can a woman be determined if they are pregnant with their tubes being tied for over 16 years. I'm 42 years old, and I didn't start feeling weird until after August menstral cycle, that stayed on for only three days, then the next month it was four days, then three days. I took a regular pregnancy test, and a blood pg test, they both came back negative, but I be feeling fluters in my belly, and my belly stays hard all the time. I feel like have to throw up but don't. I haven't had an ultrasound done yet because the funds are tight, but need some answers because it's almost 4 months now, and things are getting stranger with my belly. Please HELP ME!!!

Anonymous

Hi ladies.. I'm 32 and I have 2 kids, i had my tubes tied and burnt Dec.2011 right after my c-Section with my second child. I'm not sure if im pregnant or just crazy! Last month I got extremely sick and starting having problems with my asthma. I haven't had problems with my asthma since my last pregnancy. My breast started hurting but i had my period. So i wrote the craziness off well I had my period this month but my breast still hurt so bad. I'm not sure what to think. My boyfriend is military with no kids at 36yrs old. I don't want to say anything and give him false hope but i feel so crazy.. what do you ladies think?

Welcome to the EmpowHER community and thank you for reaching out to us for our thoughts.

I do not think you are pregnant because you have had a monthly menstrual period. I do think you should consult your gynecologist about the persistent breast pain and your internist regarding the exacerbation of asthma symptoms.

Regards,

Anonymous

Hi I know just what your feeling. I have a 14 year old son, and I had a tubal done 12 years ago. I took a preg test but it was negative. A couple months later I had a baby bump. You are pregnant.

Anonymous

Hi my name prissy I m 32 years old and my tube tied and I m late my period its been 14 days I havet had period and I m scared ...to fine out ..what if it negative and I m gain so much weight and my husband having morning sickness

Pregnant? Where do you get your information and support about pregnancy and delivery? :