Pregnancy Guide

ask: Tubes are tied but still concerned I could be pregnant. Period is MIA.

Hello and thank you in advance to all who try to help =)

I had my tubes tied after my last pregnancy (17 months ago) and since then I have not paid much attention to what day of the month my period starts. I do know I had my period in February (my guess is I started on the 14th or 21st - it was a Sat. and towards the later part of the month) and it's now going on April and I have not had a period. I know it's very unlikely that I could get pregnant after having my tubes tied BUT I conceived my three boys extremely easily. I'm just a fertile mertile ;) So, I do not doubt my bodies ability to get pregnant. I did take a pregnancy test last thursday (March 26) and it was negative. I don't currently have health insurance, if I did I would just make an appt to see my Doctor. What are your thoughts? Think I could be pregnant? FYI my periods are never late. If anything they come early and they last abour 7-8 days (ugh!!).

Thanks!!
~ K

P.S. If I were indeed pregnant would I get a positive pregnancy test if it was an ectopic pregnancy?

Anonymous

Hello I have been having unprotected sex all month n I had my tubes tied nov 2010 my monthly period are always on time my lmp was feb 4th n ended on feb 8th Im feeln all they systom of pregancy I took a pregnancy test about a week ago n it was neg. Do u think I took the test to earl??

Anonymous

I'm having the same problem!

misvives HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Have you taken a pregnancy test, Anonymous?

Anonymous

I had my tubes tied in 2003 when I had my c section. I'm 32 now and I was 22 or 23 when i gave birth in 2003. In December of 2013 I missed the whole month without a period. I have been using the bathroom a lot feeling tired real easy breast is sore when I take my bra off. Is it possible possible that I'm having the symptoms? Please help

Maryann Gromisch RN Guide (reply to Anonymous)

The only way to know is to take a pregnancy test.

Anonymous

Hi K, I am in the same boat. (17months ago) I got my tubal ligation and now my cycle is last. I took a pregnancy test and it came back negative. I am still worried, but was wondering have you found out any news yet.

Thanks Kat

Anonymous

I am 2 months late and now get mild cramping, had my tubes tied 3 years ago. I got one postive home test and one negative blood test. I don't know what to think or do.
My doctor told i got a false postive from my home test but I'm not so sure.

It is possible to get a false positive result from a home pregnancy test. There are several reasons including improper testing and expired tests.

A blood pregnancy test is the more accurate method of detecting hCG or the pregnancy hormone levels.

You are understandably concerned. Ask your doctor what other factors could be responsible for a missed period. Could you be experiencing perimenopause? Irregular menstrual periods are one symptoms and some women begin this transition as early as their 30s.

Hope you get an answer,

Anonymous

I really need answers...... Im 24 yrs old im a mother of 4 kids nd on feb of 2013 i had my tubes tide and i gotten my period every month but it only lasted like for 3-4 days and now its august of 2013 nd im 11 days late i still havent gotten my period and im nauseous have headache for like a wk till now and i feel like if im pregnant..... Could it b possible for me to get pregnant even if i tide my tubes 6 months ago?????

You need to call your physician immediately.

A tubal ligation, often referred to as having your tubes tied, is a surgical procedure in which a woman's fallopian tubes are blocked, tied, or cut.

There is a slight risk of becoming pregnant after a tubal ligation. This happens to about 5 out of 1,000 women after one year.

Pregnancy may occur if the tubes grow back together or a new passage forms that allows an egg to be fertilized by sperm. This is called recanalization.

Hope this helps,

Pregnant? Where do you get your information and support about pregnancy and delivery? :