ask: Tubes are tied but still concerned I could be pregnant. Period is MIA.

Hello and thank you in advance to all who try to help =)

I had my tubes tied after my last pregnancy (17 months ago) and since then I have not paid much attention to what day of the month my period starts. I do know I had my period in February (my guess is I started on the 14th or 21st - it was a Sat. and towards the later part of the month) and it's now going on April and I have not had a period. I know it's very unlikely that I could get pregnant after having my tubes tied BUT I conceived my three boys extremely easily. I'm just a fertile mertile ;) So, I do not doubt my bodies ability to get pregnant. I did take a pregnancy test last thursday (March 26) and it was negative. I don't currently have health insurance, if I did I would just make an appt to see my Doctor. What are your thoughts? Think I could be pregnant? FYI my periods are never late. If anything they come early and they last abour 7-8 days (ugh!!).

Thanks!!
~ K

P.S. If I were indeed pregnant would I get a positive pregnancy test if it was an ectopic pregnancy?

Anonymous

My fiance and I are together 3 years she had tubal ligation 6 years ago we both really regret she did but I don't blame her after meeting the previous 2 fathers anyways she is never late that time of the month and she is a week late should we take a pregnancy test

Maryann Gromisch RN Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Now would be a good time to test. She should test in the morning and use the first urine of the day.
If the result is positive, she must contact her gynecologist right away.

Oh ya wish us luck I hope she is pregnant ☺

Anonymous

I'm a mother of three of my own and I have carried two babies through surrogacy so I am not new at being pregnant. I had my tubes tied in Feb 2007 and my periods are always on time every month within a day or two of what they should be. My last period started on 7-20-15 and was a normal cycle as always. 08-07-15 - 08-10-15 I had some light spotting of dark blood. Today is 09-03-15 and I've had nothing since. I've been fatigued for the last week, my nipples are tender and I've been getting head aches. However I've taken three at home 'First Response' urine tests early last week and they were all negative. I'm wondering if I should go buy another pack of tests or if I could even be pregnant after having my tubal ligation 8 years ago, or what else could be going on.

Signed,
I'd be happy to be pregnant but right now I'm a little stressed from the missed period and negative urine tests.

Sorry, last period started June 20 and was normal. Light dark spotting on July 7 - 10. And today is August 3. BTW, I'm 33

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Pregnancy is highly unlikely with negative tests and a tubal ligation but there may be some kind of hormonal change going on in your body. Ask your doctor for a blood test to see your hormone count.

Thank you.that helps bc I am freaking

Perhaps it's menopause?. It can start early and go on for 10 years until it completely stops. Just a thought look it up, the symptoms.

I am 29. I am in the same boat as you. My last period was June 23rd and I have not had a period since. I took a pregnancy test and it was negative. I am going to wait a few more days and take another. I had my tubes tied December of 2013. I also have lost 70 pounds since then. My periods have been mostly normal I never go a month without a period. I am just wondering if this is normal and when I should call my Dr.

Anonymous

I had my tubal reversal this year (2014). In less than 2 months we got our positive pregnancy test. We are beyond excited (and shocked) that we already conceived. What a blessing this baby and Dr. Mor is to our family. In choosing Dr. Mor we had to travel 9 hours to have the surgery but it was well worth it. The second we met him we knew we chose the right surgeon. He is very compassionate and answered all our questions before we had a chance to ask them. The entire experience was such a positive one, amazing how perfect everything turned out.”
– H.C.

Pregnancy Guide

Pregnant? Where do you get your information and support about pregnancy and delivery? :