ask: Tubes are tied but still concerned I could be pregnant. Period is MIA.

Hello and thank you in advance to all who try to help =)

I had my tubes tied after my last pregnancy (17 months ago) and since then I have not paid much attention to what day of the month my period starts. I do know I had my period in February (my guess is I started on the 14th or 21st - it was a Sat. and towards the later part of the month) and it's now going on April and I have not had a period. I know it's very unlikely that I could get pregnant after having my tubes tied BUT I conceived my three boys extremely easily. I'm just a fertile mertile ;) So, I do not doubt my bodies ability to get pregnant. I did take a pregnancy test last thursday (March 26) and it was negative. I don't currently have health insurance, if I did I would just make an appt to see my Doctor. What are your thoughts? Think I could be pregnant? FYI my periods are never late. If anything they come early and they last abour 7-8 days (ugh!!).

Thanks!!
~ K

P.S. If I were indeed pregnant would I get a positive pregnancy test if it was an ectopic pregnancy?

Vicki45

I think I might have had an epiphany! I got my tubes tied in 2012, after I had my 4th child : 42 years old. I immediately thought I could have unprotected sex with my husband whenever the mood struck. I tend to follow my flow, and I have never been so messed up in my entire life! Firstly, I am extraordinarily fertile! I have been in and out of my obgyenough. I keep being advised to take birth control. I don't want that crap. Every time we have sex, the following 2 months are sheer hell! I gain significant amount of weight. I have all the early pregnancy woes, irregular bleeding, then I miss, then it's 30 days of bleeding. I believe my body believes it's about to be pregnant and has a chemical reaction! I am barely able to pick my head off my pillow! I told my husband that we need to go back to condoms again because I feel that the ejaculate is the cause of all my issues!

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Vicki45)

Hi Vicki

You are in your mid 40s so you could be entering peri-menopause that is causing bleeding, weight gain and irregularity. A check up with your doctor can give you a hormone count. 

Anonymous

Hi ladies.. im 25 and i had my tubes tied 3yrs ago... i remarried and i been tryin to get prego again... i was spotty on for 3 days(bby light pink blood)only when i would wipe myself .. at first i thought it was my rag but i jus had finished (march 29-april 6 )....so i freak out fora bit

Anonymous

I've been having the same symptoms. I have a five month old got my tubes tied in October 2014. I've been nauseated just bout everyday, certain smells make me gag my period last month was a week late but extremely heavy. My lower stomach is slightly hard. I have four children each one was different. An my periods never are messed up. An I threw up last night git very shaky an nauseous bad. I dont get tired during the day but I've been dozing on an off here lately an very moody. What does all thus mean? Please help may I add the first test had a very faint positive line second test was negative.

Anonymous

I am 36 years old.I had my tubes tied 13 years ago. I have been having regular periods which comes every 28days and stays on for 6-7 days. Febuary was the last month that I saw a regular period;however, on March 23rd my period came down but it was abnormal I was only bleeding for a few hours and then it went off. Since then I have taken 3hpt and they all came out negative and as far as having symptoms I do get dizzy spells every now amd then I Feel nausea sometimes and If I smell something that dont agree with me as far as food perfuems ect. I start gagging to the point that I almost vomit.Im trying to decided if I should go to my OBGYN ASAP or wait to see if my period comes down and its normal this month..Its driving me insaine trying to figure out whats going on I will feel so much better once I get to the bottom of this . I hope that whomever is going through the same or some what simular that you can find the answers that your looking for Good Luck!

Anonymous

Im 34 with 4 kids had my tubes tied in. 2007 been late more than 15 days took test and is negative. I have cramps n blood when i wipe. Could i be pregnant

Anonymous

I went to the doctor on March 25th and the doctor told me that it was just gas, and I said what just gas. They also said that I couldn't be pregnant because my tubes are tide, and I just just shook my head. There was no vaginal ultrasound done or nothing, so I'm still a square one with my discomfort and curiousity. I'm having frequent lower back pain now, and my tummy is still doing it's own thing. So, I will know sooner or later if I was pregnant or not in two more months, and I go to the doctor for sharp pains, and find out that I really was pregnant. I will keep everyone updated on my concerns... Thanks for listening...

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Have you taken a test? It will be accurate if your period is due or is late.

I took another test onMarch 25th at the doctor's office and it was negative again. I'm still getting my end of the month cycles, and my stomach still developing movement. The lower back pain comes when I stand up for long periods of time, or walking alot. I've gained 10lbs. in three months since my last doctor's visit. I;m just hoping that this issue can be resolved soon, so I can start back exercising the way I use too without holding my stomach thinking I might have a baby there.

You may have a cyst growing - ask your doctor for a scan. 

Pregnancy Guide

Pregnant? Where do you get your information and support about pregnancy and delivery? :