Pregnancy Guide

ask: Tubes are tied but still concerned I could be pregnant. Period is MIA.

Hello and thank you in advance to all who try to help =)

I had my tubes tied after my last pregnancy (17 months ago) and since then I have not paid much attention to what day of the month my period starts. I do know I had my period in February (my guess is I started on the 14th or 21st - it was a Sat. and towards the later part of the month) and it's now going on April and I have not had a period. I know it's very unlikely that I could get pregnant after having my tubes tied BUT I conceived my three boys extremely easily. I'm just a fertile mertile ;) So, I do not doubt my bodies ability to get pregnant. I did take a pregnancy test last thursday (March 26) and it was negative. I don't currently have health insurance, if I did I would just make an appt to see my Doctor. What are your thoughts? Think I could be pregnant? FYI my periods are never late. If anything they come early and they last abour 7-8 days (ugh!!).

Thanks!!
~ K

P.S. If I were indeed pregnant would I get a positive pregnancy test if it was an ectopic pregnancy?

Anonymous

I had my tubes tired going on 3 years now and I've been normal with my periods. I am now 3 days late and I have some systoms like low back pain, neasea (sometime) and fatigued. What could it be am I possible pregent? I did take a test the day after in the middle of the day and it was negitive. I'm just curious.

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

It's very improbable that you are pregnant but take a test in another few days to make sure (if your period doesn't arrive). 

Anonymous

Anonymous

Hi ladies, I am 26 and had a tubal ligation three and a half years ago. For the past year my periods have come every 28 days minus a few months where it has come a day to two days early. I am currently 3 days late with 2 neg hpt , anyone else go through this? What was the outcome

Thank u

Anonymous

Hi I have 2 kids and my youngest is 6, I got my tubes tied In 2008 my period is very regular and it's always on point.. but I did NOT get my period the hole month of February and that's not normal for me. I just started bleeding now and it's very heavy could I be pregnant or having a miscarriage.

It sounds like you have your period although if you think you may be having miscarriage, a pregnancy test may show up as positive so you might find out through that. 

If you are near 40, your periods may be becoming irregular or you just may have skipped a month for no discernible reason.

I'm only 36, but I really do want to have another baby

Anonymous

Hi my name is Beka an my tubes have been tied for 8 years now. I just remarried an we have been wanting a baby or babies! But cant really afford to have my tubes untied right now

Anonymous

Hi
I have to know what is going on I have my tubes tied for 8 years now an have for the most part have a regular schedule pried every month. In January I started on the 12th an went for about 6 days. Now its February 25 an I have not stopped at all! I am feeling very tired during the day an at night I can't sleep an I have no apatite an that is making me feel throwing up! I really want another baby but I am so worried that it could be a tubal pregnancy! Please help me know what to do! I took 2 test over the weekend and they were negative. HELP!!!!!!

Anonymous

Hello, I had my tubes tied 4 years ago and I have an appointment set with a reproduction center to have them reversed. But I noticed that I'm very emotional crying 5 times a day, breast feel fuller, nausea, eating less, but my weight is going up and down for the last 2 weeks. I really want another baby with my fiancé but I dont want to keep my hopes up if I'm not. If I take a pregnan test would it be accurate? Thanks ladies BRUNA J

Pregnant? Where do you get your information and support about pregnancy and delivery? :