Pregnancy Guide

ask: Tubes are tied but still concerned I could be pregnant. Period is MIA.

Hello and thank you in advance to all who try to help =)

I had my tubes tied after my last pregnancy (17 months ago) and since then I have not paid much attention to what day of the month my period starts. I do know I had my period in February (my guess is I started on the 14th or 21st - it was a Sat. and towards the later part of the month) and it's now going on April and I have not had a period. I know it's very unlikely that I could get pregnant after having my tubes tied BUT I conceived my three boys extremely easily. I'm just a fertile mertile ;) So, I do not doubt my bodies ability to get pregnant. I did take a pregnancy test last thursday (March 26) and it was negative. I don't currently have health insurance, if I did I would just make an appt to see my Doctor. What are your thoughts? Think I could be pregnant? FYI my periods are never late. If anything they come early and they last abour 7-8 days (ugh!!).

Thanks!!
~ K

P.S. If I were indeed pregnant would I get a positive pregnancy test if it was an ectopic pregnancy?

Anonymous

About two years ago I've gotten my tubes tied...for the pass fews week ive been sick...I cant keep for down...ive been nauseous every day....my low abdominal has been hurting and the pain goes to my lower back...my breasts is very tender..and I still got my period...but it has always been irregular...last month it came last this month early...I recently went to the hospital cause of me being so nauseous they gave me pills to stop me from vomiting so much...could I be pregnant and still get my period while my tubes are tied?

Anonymous

Hey...I'm 22 n I jus had my baby three months ago and I got my tubes tied ...my question is ive had my period but why do I bleed a lot is that normal n plus their not coming at the same time every month its changed date so I got it in Nov 16 n this month I got it on 12 is that normal????

Anonymous

Hello,
I got my tubes tied and burned 17 months ago.. My periods have came the last 2 months but no normal like maybe last a hour. Or its pink or brown blood. Ive noticed my breast have been tender. Weird pains around my ribs,sides, recent c secion. I have woke up with craving in the middle of the night. Ive been extermly tierd. And having a hard time controling my moods. Ive took 2 test and negative. But ibe had 2 pregnacies and with my son i took 7 test before i got a negative and i didnt know i was pregant until i was 3 1/2 months.
I feel pregnant. But i dont know if i am. I called my old gyno but they told me its not very likely. But other nurses and dotors have said its mpre likely too happen around my age group(im 22) because im more fertile.
Im really concerned but not sure what to do. Ive been experincing the nausea and the not being hungry due to the smells of food.

Maryann Gromisch RN Guide (reply to Anonymous)

A tubal ligation in which the fallopian tubes are tied and burned using an electric current is usually a permanent type of sterilization.

What the other nurses and doctors may be thinking is because of your age, the cauterized tissue is rejuvenating. Only a guess. But that would not explain how the clips or band rings used to tie off the tubes were no longer be in place.

My only suggestion is to have a blood hCG pregnancy test done.
Please keep us updated.

Regards,

Tasha Lanphear

I was due for my period on Dec 4th but instead of a normal period, I got a pastel pink goopy discharge on toilet paper . The next day was brown blood on toilet paper so I put tampon in. The next time I had to go to the bathroom, there was brown blood only on the tip of the tampon. Ok fine. An hr later, bathroom break and nothing, not even on toilet paper. No use of tampon. Next day, light red blood on toilet paper and nothing else. Put tampon in. Went potty a couple of hrs later and just a few lines of brown. Nothing on toilet paper. Then everything stopped on the 6th. Only nipples hurt a little bit. No other symptoms. Was this implantation bleeding or my actual period? I took a test this morning and BFN:(
I'm usually pretty regular and my periods are usually heavy at first.
What do you think is happening?
Thank you for your input.

Maryann Gromisch RN Guide (reply to Tasha Lanphear)

Hello Tasha,

I have two thoughts. If you have had unprotected sex since your last period, there is a possibility this was implantation bleeding. In this scenario, I would suggest you wait and if your period doesn't start, repeat the pregnancy test in one week.

My second thought is based on the fact that a delicate balance of hormones regulate the menstrual cycle. Any imbalance results in menstrual changes. In addition to pregnancy, fluctuations in hormone levels can be the culprit. Thyroid disorders, a problem with the pituitary gland, which produces follicle-stimulating hormone and luteinizing hormone, or a problem with the ovaries, which secrete estrogen and progesterone are all possible causes.

Best to consult your gynecologist.

Regards,

Anonymous

Hi, am 34 had a tubal ligation 3 years ago ,i did not get my period for november i have not taken a pregnancy test i do have cramps but no period i was told its impossible to get pregnant after a tubal. Has anyone been pregnant with tubal ligation ..

Yes, last year I was 3 months pregnant with my tubes clamps( before I had miscarriage)... Now I'm feeling the same way and I'm scared

First, take a home pregnancy test. If you get a negative result, consult your gynecologist. The potential for conceiving after a tubal ligation depends on the method used to "tie" the fallopian tubes. Your doctor is the person to consult.

Regards,

Anonymous

I was wondering the same I had my tubes tied June 9 2014 and my periods have been on time but this month I'm a week and two days late. I've only had a UTI while pregnant with my kids and I just got over one my back hurts none stop my stomach and hips hurt I've been vomiting and feeling nauseous. I do have an appointment Wednesday with my dr.

Pregnant? Where do you get your information and support about pregnancy and delivery? :