Pregnancy Guide

ask: Tubes are tied but still concerned I could be pregnant. Period is MIA.

Hello and thank you in advance to all who try to help =)

I had my tubes tied after my last pregnancy (17 months ago) and since then I have not paid much attention to what day of the month my period starts. I do know I had my period in February (my guess is I started on the 14th or 21st - it was a Sat. and towards the later part of the month) and it's now going on April and I have not had a period. I know it's very unlikely that I could get pregnant after having my tubes tied BUT I conceived my three boys extremely easily. I'm just a fertile mertile ;) So, I do not doubt my bodies ability to get pregnant. I did take a pregnancy test last thursday (March 26) and it was negative. I don't currently have health insurance, if I did I would just make an appt to see my Doctor. What are your thoughts? Think I could be pregnant? FYI my periods are never late. If anything they come early and they last abour 7-8 days (ugh!!).

Thanks!!
~ K

P.S. If I were indeed pregnant would I get a positive pregnancy test if it was an ectopic pregnancy?

Anonymous

I use exercise alot before this happen and now I can't because it hurts when I do scrunches. I'm still waiting to get an ultrasound, so I can know for sure what's really going on with me. I know my stomach does feel gasy at times, but there's still flutters going on in my stomach, and I'm on my cycle now and I still feel movement going on in my stomach. My face has alot of light spots and that only shows up, when I'm pregnant. So, what's really going on???

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Your ultrasound will let you know what's going on - that's what diagnostic testing is for. 

Let us know how it goes. 

Anonymous

Hi I had my tubes tied 16 years ago and my period is late and I been feeling nause and hungry a lot. Can I be pregnant

A test will let you know if you are pregnant. 

Anonymous

I believe that I truly need a ultrasound because I don't think it's gas in my stomach. I look like I'm 5 months pregnant, and that's kind of wierd to me. My stomach want go down and it's always hard. What does that mean? When I lay down it's a strong pulse, but I will schedule an ultrasound as soon as possible, so I can be at ease. Thanks again...

Anonymous

Hi, i have my tubes tied for 9yrs now but i feel sick like im pregnant. . I been havin dreams that im pregnant. . Can i get pregnant? ??

Anonymous

Hii my tubes have been tied for eight years. I just recently about a week ago started feeling flurries in my lower abdomen. The last time I felt those I was pregnant. My sister says it could be gas? What you think??

It's probably gas. Pregnancy can happen after a tubal but it's rare. To feel flurries you would have to be 3-4 months along.

A test can let you know for sure. 

Anonymous

I am worried but I just had my period, but my boobies are so sore and im tired and just feel like i could be pregnant , I had my tubes tied 6 years ago, my boobies are never sore like this

Maryann Gromisch RN Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Any changes in your body that cause you concern should be discussed with and evaluated by your physician. Talking with your doctor and scheduling an exam will give you peace of mind.

Regards,

Pregnant? Where do you get your information and support about pregnancy and delivery? :