Pregnancy Guide

ask: Tubes are tied but still concerned I could be pregnant. Period is MIA.

Hello and thank you in advance to all who try to help =)

I had my tubes tied after my last pregnancy (17 months ago) and since then I have not paid much attention to what day of the month my period starts. I do know I had my period in February (my guess is I started on the 14th or 21st - it was a Sat. and towards the later part of the month) and it's now going on April and I have not had a period. I know it's very unlikely that I could get pregnant after having my tubes tied BUT I conceived my three boys extremely easily. I'm just a fertile mertile ;) So, I do not doubt my bodies ability to get pregnant. I did take a pregnancy test last thursday (March 26) and it was negative. I don't currently have health insurance, if I did I would just make an appt to see my Doctor. What are your thoughts? Think I could be pregnant? FYI my periods are never late. If anything they come early and they last abour 7-8 days (ugh!!).

Thanks!!
~ K

P.S. If I were indeed pregnant would I get a positive pregnancy test if it was an ectopic pregnancy?

Anonymous

my ex mother in law had made me get my tubes tied on agust 1 ,2014 at 10:00 am and they have been hurting ever snice than . and my last period was august 19 to the 30 of 2014. i have been having headaches like non stop and feel like throwing up but i cant. i dont have much of a craving for any type of food . my boobs are tender and my lower tummy has been hurting and i havent had my period in a while and i have been having sex with my boyfriend for about two weeks . does this mean that i am pergant .

caramel12

I had my tubes tied for 4 years now. But I'm concerned that I might be pregnant because I haven't had a period since the end of July. I took a pregnancy test and it came back negative but I'm confused because I'm starting to have the symptoms of pregnancy. I remember when the doctor tied my tubes he told me that I had some very healthy tubes I could easily get pregnant

Maryann Gromisch RN Guide (reply to caramel12)

Hello caramel12,

Welcome to the EmpowHER community and thank you for reaching out to us for advice.

Time to schedule an appointment with your gynecologist. Pregnancy is possible if you have been sexually active and have healthy Fallopian tubes. A blood pregnancy test is more accurate than a urine test and may be what the doctor orders.

Regards,

Anonymous

Well I miscarried at first I thought I just started my period but I was wrong it really broke my heart and I still have sore breast even though it's been a few days since I lost my baby I will not be getting my tubes retied I hope anyone who has symptoms of pregnancy after a tubal sees their doctor and good luck to you I'm sorry I didn't get to post on Monday but I was out of town.

Anonymous

I had my tubs tied a little of 6 years ago and I have missed my period. I have a not in my stomach also. I took a test today and it was negative. The only thing I have done different is I started walking and started drinking only water. Would this cause me to miss a period? Or is it possible that I'm pregnant and the test is wrong? I have been pregnant 6 times. My first I miscarried. The next 3 I had 3 boys, and the last one I miscarried. Iam 32 years old. I have never had a problem getting pregnant and I have a false negative. I don't have insurance so I can't just got to doctor. How long should I wait before I have to go to the doctor or take another test?

Wait one week take another test and if you have a dollar tree get your test from there they have one of the most accurate test

Anonymous

Well I'm going through a similar situation myself. My cycle come in the middle of the month, and in August it stayed on for two days instead of five, and my tubes are tide also for over 16 years now, and I'm never late either. I took a test two weeks ago, and it was negative also, and I'm very fertile as well. HELP!!!Could I be pregnant?

You could be if test again closer to when you expect your period

Anonymous

I had my tubes tied 17 months ago when I had my daughter and up until now it had been well aware of when my period is coming and painful ovulation until now I have signs of pregnancy swollen tender boobs tiredness gas pressure in my pelvic region my period isn't due till next week I just have this feeling I am pregnant I have 4 kids already and two of them I conceived while on birth control I was on the pill with my older daughter and the depo shot with my youngest btw me and all four of my sisters are extremely fertile I've heard that being pregnant with a tubal can usually go undetected even by blood test is this true? Do I need an ultrasound to find out or can I use a hpt test

Maryann Gromisch RN Guide (reply to Anonymous)

With your history, it is possible that you are pregnant.

You may want to take a home pregnancy test first. Levels of hCG, the hormone that is produced only during pregnancy, can be detected in urine about 12 to 14 days following conception. Levels can be detected earlier in blood, about 11 days following conception.

It might be better to wait until your period is late by at least one week. Unless of course, you track your ovulation and know exactly when you ovulated, add in when you had sexual intercourse, and factor in that it take about 7 to 10 days for the fertilized egg to travel and implant in the uterus, you might consider testing earlier.

With a positive urine test result, then your gynecologist/obstetrician will order a blood hCG test and ultrasound.

Please keep us updated.

Regards,

Pregnant? Where do you get your information and support about pregnancy and delivery? :