Turning red in the face before menstruation...??

Right before that time of the month, I often turn red in the face in situations I am usually comfortable in. Any idea what this is and what I can do about it? It's really frustrating and it holds me back from things. I feel uncomfortable when I'm usually comfortable then i get embarrassed, so I get even redder! Help!

I disagree with the comment above. I too experience facial blushing in situations that don't normally cause embarrassment, right before or during my period. And yes, it is even more embarrassing when you can feel yourself turning red. During and before menstruation our bodies are going through many hormonal shifts which effect us physically and emotionally. Suggesting that someone is blushing before their period because they are afraid the other person will find out they are menstruating is just silly.

Your situation does sound a bit unusual! It seems that you are feeling more easily embarrassed (hence the blushing) at this time in your cycle and more self-conscious of yourself? Is this correct?

You may be subconsciously anxious about the beginning of your cycle, nervous that the other person knows it's about to begin or afraid of having an accident/not having period supplies with you.

Firstly, no-one is every going to know you are getting or already on your period unless you tell them. As long as you keep up hygienic habits, no-one but you will know.

Always keep a small supply of whatever you use during your period (pad, tampon, cup) in your purse so you are always prepared.

You are really no different whether you having your period or not; unless cramps and fatigue make you feel bad - which is usually the case with tall of us. Try not to let your mind focus on your period when it's about to happen. It's a normal and natural occurrence for all women. And also remember that you may be a little bit more emotionally sensitive during this time of the month and thus react to other around you a bit more sensitively too. This is quite normal and may explain why you feel the way you do - the hormonal shift causes you to react accordingly.

Does this make sense to you?