Facebook Pixel
EmpowHER Guest

Two Ovarian Cysts

By Anonymous February 10, 2011 - 3:55pm
Rate This

I have two cysts on my ovaries. One on the left side and the other on the right. But, it has not been diagnosed if it is endometromia because that is why I am waiting for the MRI for such a long time. But I got an appointment letter, and now its in June rather than earlier. And my gyno said it’s better to have it done in April or May to see how things are (like if it grew or anything)…and now my gyno is on holidays for 4 months and has told one of her colleagues about my situation and he said it is fine to wait until June for my MRI. I am currently taking bc pills to help with the cysts as that is what my original gyno recommended. Now is it really okay to wait until June? I personally feel June is way too far away…

Add a Comment4 Comments

EmpowHER Guest

Oh Okay. I see what you are saying. Yes I will keep you updated. Thanks!

February 11, 2011 - 8:33am

Thanks for the additional information! I see what your doctor means about having to wait for growth since your ultrasound was this past January. Perhaps that's why her colleague isn't concerned about the 4 month span because it's definitely enough time to see if either has grown but not too long to be treated appropriately.

Will you keep us updated in June when you do go for your MRI?

February 11, 2011 - 8:32am
EmpowHER Guest

What actually happened was that last year July I had d&c surgery b/c I kept bleeding (which I assumed was my period the entire time) but it extended and got heavier but I had no cramps. So thats when my gyno had recommended surgery b/c it would not stop and they said I had a small cyst which they had to take out. So that all happened last year.

So as a followup, when I went to see my gyno in September of last year, she recommended we do an ultrasound to make sure everything is good. Which was the ultrasound I had this past January. I went back to the gyno 2-3 weeks after my ultrasound for the results and thats when she mentioned I have the two cysts etc etc. And when I went to her then, she said the only way to "monitor" it, is to wait and then do an MRI. Because if I go back for an MRI really early, the results would be the same. And she said b/c you are on the pill, it will help control it and hopefully help decrease the size and so on. And she mentioned to me that she is going on holidays for about 4 months. And so she said she will write on the request for the MRI after March 24th, as I am gone on holidays for a week in March as well.

So then just yesterday I got my appt for June and I called the gyno office asking to rely a message to my original gyno's collegaue and he said I will be fine until June. But he went through my reports and read everything and then told me this.

So, overall...I am hoping this is the right thing to do, which is wait until June. Only thing is, I don't know if a normal/regular doctor would know anything about waiting until June. And basically that gyno that said June is fine is the 2nd recommendation. That is the only office we have here (in our little city) for gyno's.

February 11, 2011 - 8:24am

Dear Anon,

Have you considered a second opinion by a doctor outside of your doctor's group? Is there any way that they will be monitoring for growth between now and June-- an ultrasound, maybe?

February 11, 2011 - 8:09am
Enter the characters shown in the image.
By submitting this form, you agree to EmpowHER's terms of service and privacy policy
Add a Comment

All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.

Endometrial Cancer

Get Email Updates

Endometrial Cancer Guide


Have a question? We're here to help. Ask the Community.


Health Newsletter

Receive the latest and greatest in women's health and wellness from EmpowHER - for free!