Q: 

Ulcers, blisters, sores on face that will not heal

I have been have problems with sores on my face for a long time now. They are not acne but are more like blisters or ulcer type lesions that only have a watery substance that comes from them. They are very painful and sometimes bleed crusting over to a scab. However, they almost heal then they begin the cycle all over again in the same regions mostly below my mouth, not on my lips ever. They swell up again and then are even more painful. They burn, ache and hurt. Please tell me what to do. I was diagnosed with lymes disease but I am not sure whether these sores have anything to do with that, since it only is on my face. I look aweful and don't feel well at all. I also have had steroid injections to my spine and they get much worse. What can I do. Please help me. Sincerely Annette Deming

Anonymous

If it is below your lip it is most likely cold sores or herpes virus. You can buy some ointments at the store and get pills from your doctor to speed up healing time but its mostly just waiting it out. Do not touch the ooze that comes out or try to pop the bumps this will spread the infection

Anonymous

I have a condition similar and had skin biopsies taken. It is called Prurigo Nodularis or PN for short and is an auto-immune disorder of unknown etiology. Usually steroid topically and keeping skin moisturized is recommended. Also have the inside of your nostrils swabbed to check for Staph. Some persons carry the staff bacteria in their nose unknowingly and it infects the face. If this turns out to be the case then the treatment is simple and includes applying prescription antibiotic ointment to the inside of the nose. Please consult with your health care provider as this is simply what has happened with me. Hope this helps.

Anonymous

Hi about 5 months ago. Notised a small clster of red bumps between y upper lip and nose they blistered i poped them clear liquid and dry then it starts again i cant seem to get rid of them they dont ever move or get any bigger just never go away what is it????

Honestly it sounds like cold sores. They are a form of herpes and they do form around the lips and blister. The worst thing to do is to pop them because cold sores are contagious and the juice that comes from them are highly contagious. I think why it keeps coming back is because you keep picking at it and spreading the infection. Herpes is not something you can pick and get rid of there are some creams and pills that speed up healing time but it is mostly just waiting it out without touching it

Anonymous

I suffer from skin ulcers on a not too frequent basis but when I get them, they're vile. They start as a spot and end up as a crater with a bright red ring round the them, they also itch and are generally troublesome and difficult to get rid of. However, in desperation and thinking of it's values for solving scalp problems (which is after all just skin) I decided to use a bit of OH's Head&Shoulders on the thing I have on my chest. OMG, I can't believe the difference after my bath - it is no longer angry and although still looks pretty repulsive, is not itchy or aggravating at all. I think I will carry on for a few more days doing this because the difference is amazing. I'm not saying it works but after just one go, I feel a lot better about what I am having to hide under my t shirt. I thought I'd share it with you in the hope it may help someone else.

Might be this thing called Impetigo.

Anonymous

I have the same thing happen and it is Bullous Pimphigoid and auto immune response I recently had one come up between my lip and the corner of nose. It started as a hard lump under the skin and in a matter of hours was a blister that was not delicate to the touch ( in other words I could touch it and it wouldn't break) and so far the main natural recommendation for treatment/prevention is to take vitamin d because it acts as a natural immunosuppressant or go to the dr and get prednisone. I hope this helps someone but I HIGHLY recommend you do your research.

Anonymous

Your differential diagnosis should include human herpes simplex virus 1. Get a Tzank smear or PCR to detect it. Identify and avoid triggers and see your physician for Acyclovir to treat it.

Did you find out what it is?

Anonymous

I have had small wounds on my face that are similar to ulsers. I found that using fever blister meds such as Abreva on it a few times a day for about 3 days clears it up.