Unexplained breast and nipple pain

By Anonymous December 21, 2011 - 12:15pm

This past May I had a fibroadenoma removed from my left breast. Within the last month or maybe longer I've had pain in my breast again and last night i woke up with that nipple hurting and it has continued to intermittently hurt since. I am wondering if the breast pain and the nipple pain could just be spots in my breast that are finally waking up from the surgery or if I should see my doctor again. I am 40 and had a hysterectomy at 35, removing one ovary as well.

Thank you for your question and welcome!

You make a good point about your body "waking" up in that your nerves may be up and running again after surgery but they really shouldn't be causing pain. Since this has only just started, it's too hard to say what it might be but considering your history, I wouldn't hesitate to call my doctor - at least to get reassurance.

Please keep us updated and good luck to you!

Breast Conditions

Breast Conditions Guide