Unprotected sex before period. Very light brown period. Could i be pregnant?

By August 14, 2009 - 10:31am

I've had unprotected sex 10, 5 and 1 day before my expected period. I came on one day late, however my period was really light, and an unusual brown colour, it's lasted the usual 4 days, it's jus feels like i aint been on at all.
I haven't had no cramping, nothing, and i usually do.
I'm not really worried, just curious on whether i could be pregnant and not know? I would have taken a test...But feel that it's to early to.
I've been tryin to get pregnant for the last 2 months.
I just want to know whether there's still a chance that i am pregnant.

Dear Shazzy,

Thanks for your question. Having unprotected sex obviously leave the door open to pregnancy, especially 10 days before your period is due. Although the average woman ovulates in and around day 14 - a woman can ovulate days 10-20 or even before or after, depending on how irregular they are! Even if they are regular, it can vary slightly month to month.

It sounds like you did have your period but if it wasn't your period, then it is definitely not too late to test. So take a test to ease your mind and then make sure you use birth control each and every time!

Will you update us?