Urethral sling done and revision done due to mesh coming thru vaginal wall, help!

By Anonymous December 2, 2011 - 10:42am

I had a urethal TVT Abreevo Sling done on 08/03/11. After the 6 week waiting period, my husband and I made love. I suffered extreme pain afterward. Dr. examined me and discovered the vaginal tissue had eroded away from the mesh. Dr. did revision to cover the mesh on 10/17/11. During follow up exam on 12/30/11 Dr. discovered the vaginal tissue had again eroded away from the mesh. He said I could have the sling removed or continue using Estrace Cream once a day for two months and the vaginal tissue might possibly heal over the mesh. Do you know of anyone else that has had this happen? Please help me.

Hi Anonymous

Thank you for your post and welcome!

I am sorry you're going through so much and I do hope other women who have gone through the same thing can help you. In the meantime, I am submitting your question to one of our experts for review. Please check back in the next few days for an answer.

Bless You and Thank You.

Uterine Prolapse

Uterine Prolapse Guide