So, for most of my adult life I have urinated more than average, about once every hour. However, I could hold it for longer if needed without a problem. I would get dehydrated very fast as well.
But for the past year it has worsened to the point of going every 20 minutes-1 hour. I cannot hold it or I get shooting pains in my abdomen. I wake up frequently during the night as well. I have never had a bladder infection and do not have one now either. I do have frequent pain in my kidney area however. Also my fingers get pruney even if I drink a good amount of water.

I try to eat a good amount of diuretic foods to cleanse my kidneys. But urinating every 20-60min gets embarrassing!
What do you think this is and what can I do about it? Is this a kidney problem?

Hi Faith

You may have an issue with your kidneys but you may have something called over-active bladder.

Does this describe you?:

It seems like I’m always going to the bathroom
I use the bathroom more than eight times during the day
The first thing I do when entering a public place is locate the bathroom in case I have a sudden urge to go
I go to the bathroom whenever I’m near one, just in case I can’t find one when I need it
I get up more than twice during the night to use the bathroom
I am bothered by the number of times I have to go to the bathroom
I often have the sudden urge to urinate with little or no warning
When I have an urge to urinate, it’s overwhelming and difficult to ignore
I’ve had wetting accidents because I am unable to control the urge to go and can’t get to the restroom in time
I’ve had to alter my habit and lifestyle because of a frequent urge to urinate

If you answer “Yes” to one or more of these questions, you may have an overactive bladder. Talking to your doctor is the best way to confirm your diagnosis and get help for this treatable condition.

A review of your symptoms (bring a checklist to your appointment)
A review of your medical history
General physician exam
Abdominal exam
Pelvic or genital/prostate exam
Blood test

For various treatments for over-active bladder, take a look at this video: http://www.empowher.com/overactive-bladder/content/what-treatments-are-available-overactive-bladder-dr-alinsod-vide

Of course, I'm only suggesting this may be what you have but I think one way or the other, you should talk to your doctor. Running to the bathroom every half-hour or so can be quite disruptive to your life.
Let us know how things go.

Overactive Bladder