Usually, my periods are around 4 days. With time, I've learnt that that is normal. But, lately, they have been for 2 days, and then I have more than a half day without and then a day with. (Approx. I hope that makes sense...)

I am having no irregular pains or any worrying symptoms, and am definitely not pregnant as I am 18 and have never had sex. I heard that it may be due to stress and my mom said there is nothing to be worried about. But I wanted to see if any of you could help me, as I am pretty worried... Thanks.

Thanks for reaching out to EmpowHER with your concerns.

I think your mother is probably right - these changes aren't anything to worry about.

Periods are generally 3-7 days long with a cycle of between 21-35 days so as you can see there is a big "average" there.

Life can also change our cycles - anything from lifestyle changes to stress to getting older to diet/exercise, medications and hormone changes can affect our cycle. You will probably settle back down to a regular cycle and it could last for years. Then you might see changes again.

Since you are 18 now, these changes may be due to the fact that puberty has ended for you.

So our cycle at 13 is different to 18 and our cycles at 30 are different at 45. The body never changes so our cycles are the same way.

I hope this helps to ease your mind. Feel free to mention this to your doctor on your next visit if you still have worries.

And a two day normal flow period followed by a day with light flow normal, as well? Thanks for your answer :)

Yes, Anon

This is a three day period which is considered normal.