Facebook Pixel
EmpowHER Guest


By Anonymous November 15, 2011 - 9:56am
Rate This

I have uterince fibroid (UF) and i have been trying to conceivee for the past 2years. The last time i was scanned, i was told the UFwas about 3.5cm. I want to know if its ok to start taking clomid or have a HSG exam first?

Add a Comment1 Comments

HERWriter Guide

Hi Anonymous

Thank you for your question!

Uterine fibroids can unfortunately make getting pregnant difficult for some women.

It's important to know where your fibroid is located exactly. If it is in the fallopian tube, then this can cause infertility. Can you let us know where the fibroid is?

I am surprised you have not had an HSG test already - I think it might be a good idea to talk to your doctor about getting this done. Clomid helps a woman ovulate - but cannot help with any kind of blockage in the fallopian tubes so again, let us know where the fibroid is. If it's in the tube, then Clomid won't help.

Are you ovulating? Do you have a regular cycle? If not, Clomid may be a good idea.

Here is more information about uterine fibroids: http://www.empowher.com/condition/uterine-fibroids

I hope this helps and thank you for writing!


November 15, 2011 - 11:16am
Enter the characters shown in the image.
By submitting this form, you agree to EmpowHER's terms of service and privacy policy
Add a Comment

All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.