By Anonymous November 15, 2011 - 9:56am

I have uterince fibroid (UF) and i have been trying to conceivee for the past 2years. The last time i was scanned, i was told the UFwas about 3.5cm. I want to know if its ok to start taking clomid or have a HSG exam first?

Hi Anonymous

Thank you for your question!

Uterine fibroids can unfortunately make getting pregnant difficult for some women.

It's important to know where your fibroid is located exactly. If it is in the fallopian tube, then this can cause infertility. Can you let us know where the fibroid is?

I am surprised you have not had an HSG test already - I think it might be a good idea to talk to your doctor about getting this done. Clomid helps a woman ovulate - but cannot help with any kind of blockage in the fallopian tubes so again, let us know where the fibroid is. If it's in the tube, then Clomid won't help.

Are you ovulating? Do you have a regular cycle? If not, Clomid may be a good idea.

Here is more information about uterine fibroids: http://www.empowher.com/condition/uterine-fibroids

I hope this helps and thank you for writing!