I have been having brown specks for a month now with a slight discharge. I finally went to the doctor and he did a pelvic exam and pap smear. When he came back into the room he said that its not anything serious but he does believe it is a UTI that i have. I asked him was that where the brown specks could have came from and he said yes. That is odd but he but me on nitrofuriton (Macrobid)antibiotics for seven days, but could a month old uti cause brown specks and a slight discharge? Thanks!!!

I wonder why i haven't had any symptoms

Hi Anon and thanks for your question -

Yes, a urinary tract infection can result in brown specks and even a brown discharge, and the usual course of treatment is antibiotics. Hopefully all will go well with treatment and you will be fine.