UTI ,constantly

By Anonymous January 14, 2011 - 10:42am

i have been on antibiotics on and off for over a year, they do not stop the infection, my urine is very dark and cloudy, it smells and nearly always has traces of blood in it. Doctor said having a lot of sex(one partner) can cause this but i have not had sex for a few month and nothing has changed.

Hey Anon,
I agree with Susan and I am concerned for your kidneys. You should definitely go see your doctor. If you aren't satisfied with the treatment from your doctor, I encourage you to go visit a few other doctors to see if they can help you, because a second opinion never hurts. I am so sorry you are going through this is and I hope things get better. If you ever need to talk, I work for a natural supplement that promotes urinary tract health, so I know A LOT about urinary tract health.
Hope you are doing better,

Thanks for your question and welcome! I'm sorry you're going through this.

We have a similar thread (in fact, it's nearly identical) that I'd like you to take a look at, if you have not already. In this thread, you can find information about bacteria, diet and sex in terms of UTI's, as well as remedies and the experiences of other women.

Please also take a look at our UTI page here: http://www.empowher.com/condition/urinary-tract-infection

Since you have not been sexually active for several months, I'm a bit concerned about the state of your kidneys. Have you had your kidneys monitored? UTIs (especially undiagnosed UTIs) can cause kidney infections and can damage the kidneys in general. Dark, cloudy urine that smells and has traces of blood in it could indicate that your kidneys are in trouble.

Of course, only tests can confirm this but I think getting this checked out as soon as possible is very important. If you doctor fobs you off, then find another.

Will you please keep us updated?