Vagina wetness

By July 20, 2010 - 11:01am

Would you be able to tell me why my vagina fluid is a clear color some times and at other times, it is sort of white fluid color. I have not had intercourse for over two years. I do masturbate a lot and the different fluid color puzzles me. Thank you very much.

Hi Jeannine,

Thank you for your question and welcome!

Healthy vaginal discharge is both clear and a milky color. It is generally more clear when you are not ovulating and can get thicker and more milky colored around the time of ovulation which occurs around mid-cycle (day 14, give or take a few days on each side).

I think if you tracked the dates, you might just see the connection.

Both kinds are perfectly normal! I hope this helps you!