in the vaginal area there is a milky white substance & even after shower everynight by next day smells what could this be?

By January 21, 2011 - 11:56am

a friend came to me asking me this im not a doctor can she is scared to go to doctor told she needed to but shes scared so i told her id ask you can you help me help her so i can get her to go & soon

Thanks for your question and for looking out for your friend! This kind of discharge is to be expected in women.

This excellent article by HerWriter Alison Beaver explains it all very well: http://www.empowher.com/reproductive-system/content/vaginal-discharge-and-cervical-mucus-frequently-asked-questions

A mild scent is normal. If the scent is bad, she needs to be checked by the doctor for an infection. I hope this information helps her and do encourage her to join EmpowHER so we can help her directly!

Thank you for writing!

Yeast Infection

Yeast Infection Guide