Vaginal bleeding

By Anonymous January 25, 2016 - 3:28am

6 days after taking postinor2 correctly (that is, a day after my period), I have noticed bleeding for about 2 days now . Is this my period? What does this mean?

If you are bleeding a day after your period then it could still be your period. Emergency contraception can cause bleeding too so this might be what's happening - bleeding is a common side effect. Your period indicates you are not pregnant.

Hello Susan, I took postinor2 a day after my period had ended cos I had unprotected intercourse. My period was on the 10th and ended on the 16th. Took postinor2 on the 17th. Six (6) days later on the 23rd, I'm experiencing bleeding. Is this implantation bleeding?

A side effect of P2 is bleeding so it is far more likely to be that rather than implantation bleeding. P2 is 90-95% effective when taken within the first 24 hours of sex so you can calculate your risk from here.

Ok. The reason I'm asking is because I assumed that bleeding after taking postinor2 is indicative that the pills worked and that one is not pregnant.