Vaginal bleeding

By January 30, 2016 - 6:08am

Hello, I am a 21 years old female. I have been experiencing vaginal bleeding after 1 week of my period ends for consecutive month. Sometimes it is brown in colour while sometimes is red. Besides from bleeding, I also feel very little cramp this time but I did not feel anything besides from bleeding from the previous occasion. Just for your information, I did not have any genitals intercourse with my partner and we only perform mutual masturbating for each other. Thanks!

Hello and welcome to EmpowHer,
Spotting/bleeding between periods does not necessarily indicate a serious issue. However it can happen for different reasons such as:
-- ovulation can cause mid-cycle bleeding
-- birth control pills or an IUD
-- hormonal imbalances interfering with ovulation

If it is an isolated situation then it is probably not serious. However, if it becomes prolonged and/or heavy bleeding throughout the month you need to see a doctor.