Vaginal discharge and musk

By Anonymous February 13, 2015 - 4:32am

I've had daily vaginal discharge as long as I can remember. It's bad enough that I keep toilet paper in my underwear 24/7, and sometimes it can smell pretty noticeably if I forget to change it. but I'm not and have never been pregnant. I thought it was normal and that this discharge was why girls who spent the night at my house always brought fresh underwear; I thought that if you didn't have this leaking you could go several days in the same underwear, just like how I re-wear pants or shirts that don't stink after a day of wear. Now though I've moved in with a guy and living so close to someone all the time I really feel self-conscious about the leak and I want to make it stop. While the smell of the discharge isn't exactly pleasant, it's never seemed infectious or truly foul to me. There's no itching or redness unless I shave and it happens completely regularly, and I doubt I've unknowingly had a benign infection for 10 consecutive years.

While I'm here I figured I'd also ask; are my boyfriend and I supposed to find each other's musk attractive? I can't stand the smell of his crotch and he can't stand the smell of mine. Mine seems to be more potent and thus worse though.

Thanks for your post and welcome! 

I deleted the picture you posted, it was unnecessary to do that. 

You may need to see a doctor to rule out an infection - just in case. 

Some women get vaginal discharge every day and sometimes it's pretty heavy - this is just something you have to deal with.  I

You need to change your underwear every single day (make sure it's cotton underwear, this allows the fabric to breath). This is standard practice - you should be wearing fresh underwear everyday. Your underwear is not the same as a pair of trousers, etc. 

Don't wear tight clothing. 

You should also wash your genital region every day, either in the shower or by using a warm, soapy cloth (use a mild, natural soap for sensitive skin) and rinsing properly.  Your boyfriend should be doing the same.  Twice a day, if necessary and certainly before and after sex. 

This should clear up any odor problems.