Community

Can't Find Something?

Pat Elliott HERWriter Guide

ASK Moderation Guidelines

ask: Vaginal discharge and odor after pap?

By thatonegirl

I had a pap smear about 2 weeks ago and found out i have HPV.
they took scrapings from my cervix. the doctor put some yellow/brownish substance on after to help form a scab.
I'm all healed from that but now there is a white discharge and an odor. its embarrassing and i dont know what to do about it or what is causing it..

help?

Cary Cook BSN RN

Hi Girl!

Have you contacted the doctor who did the Pap? It sounds like you might possibly have an infection. Just like a wound anywhere else on your body, that wound from the biopsy can get infected, not necessarily through any fault of yours. I would call right away for an appointment because as I'm sure you can imagine, you don't want an untreated infection on your cervix.

Good luck and please let us know how you do. Thank you for writing.

What do you think is the most important health test for women?: