vaginal odor

I'm 59 and I have had this fishy vaginal odor for several years, I went to my gyn there is no infection. I shower twice a day within a couple of hours the smell is back. Can you recommend something that can help me with this issue its so embarrassing and it has had an effect on my career. No one wants to work with someone that smells.

Gina T

Hi Gina T

Thanks for sharing your story with you and it is indeed a difficult situation to be in.

Since you don't have any infections to deal with you might want to try some old fashioned methods that you may be doing already - wash your genitals with a gentle soap every morning - one that is made for the genitals. Change your workout clothes as soon as you've finished and wear clean cotton underwear every day.

We have a thread just like yours that is very active and has several solutions that could be of great benefit to you. You can check it out here. Sometimes of root causes are menopause itself : http://www.empowher.com/community/ask/do-women-smell-different-after-menopause

I hope this helps!

Menopause Guide