Vaginal Odor 3 months after giving birth normal?

I gave birth in April 2016 vaginally, with zero complications. I even recovered amazingly, minus loosing a good amount of blood postpartum. I recently just moved to the town where I met my boyfriend, the father of my child, and along with moving I've discovered something to be different with my vagina. I'm a clean freak when it comes to my lady parts, and I mean clean freak. I've never had an odor problem, even during or after my period when most women have odor issues. But these past few weeks, I want to say a month or more almost, my vagina has smelled literally rotten, like dead animal rotten. My boyfriend can smell it when I walk past him that's how strong the odor is. I am completely taken back by this because I have no other symptoms than this awful stench. No burning, bleeding, unusual discharge, or anything of that sort, so I don't understand what it could be. If I have an infection, its causing me no pain other than humiliation. I changed my soap to Summers Eve and it did absolutely nothing different. The stench is horrendous, I'm desperate for feedback. I've tried to make an appointment at a new gynecologist office here, but I am having problems because of health insurance issues, so its going to be some time before I can see a doctor. So, at this point, any helpful feedback would be great!

Hi Kennedy_828

Thank you for your post and congratulations on your new baby!

We can only speculate on why this odor has started and it may come down to infection.

According to the Mayo Clinic:

Commonly, vaginal odor may be caused by:

Bacterial vaginosis
Pelvic inflammatory disease (PID)
Poor hygiene
Retained or forgotten tampon
Yeast infection (vaginal)
Less commonly, vaginal odor may result from:

Cervical cancer
Rectovaginal fistula
Vaginal cancer

Of course, most of these won't apply to you but we can just offer suggestions.

Please make an appointment to be seen as soon as you can. You don't even need to see your gynecologist. A trip to Planned Parenthood can help.