Vaginal smell

By Anonymous December 6, 2014 - 2:12pm

I've never had any sexual contact at all since I'm only 15. but I have noticed that it smells sour down there. I don't know what it should smell like. my discharge is usually clear or a little whitish but isn't clumpy, just like gooey like honey. I'm embarrassed to tell my mom or my doctor because idk what it is. I use the summer eves wipes rarely and I wash down there with water. I do shave. I'm just nervous and hope someone can answer this.

Thanks for your post !

You sound normal - a discharge is normal.

Your genital smell can depend on your diet, what kind of underwear use use (always choose cotton!) and how often you clean yourself.  The cleaner the diet, the cleaner the body. 

You should be taking a daily shower and I think it's a good idea to use a cleansing soap like Summer's Eve that will keep you clean in your genital region and won't irritate the skin.