Very concerned and worried!

By February 21, 2012 - 8:59am

I have been on the pill for around 5 months now, sometimes I can forget to take it but I am normally fine and everything is well. I have never conceived whilst being on the pill yet or ran into any trouble.
This month I religiously took the pill, not forgetting to take it once. I have had sexual intercourse once this month, but this happened to be the month I have had a missed period!
I know I have taken the pill correctly, so why have I missed my period?

I was meant to come on on the 13th of February, but did not. I had slight pain and the smallest amount of spottting, only to the point where my discharge was a brown colour for a day or two. I never fully came on my bleed at all that week!

So after my free week of the pill had finished, i decided not to carry on with my next pack, thinking it was the best thing to do as I thought i should still wait for my period.

I still have not come on and I am getting extremely worried! Could I be pregnant on the pill? Ive never had problems before? I think I may be bloated, but that could just be in my head!
Please help. I am beginning to lose sleep over this problem!

Hi concernedandworried

Your spotting was likely to be your "breakthrough" bleeding (period). You should have continued taking your new pack of pills but now that you are not, remember that you are not protected from pregnancy.

Your period can lessen as you continue to take it and some women end up with just light spotting. This may be the case with you.

Take a pregnancy test if you are worried and then start your pills again and use a condom until you are protected.