Q: 

Very painful, bruised, red, tick bite.

By November 16, 2011 - 6:58am

I have gotten many tick bites this year. over 15 (We live in the woods), but this tick bite woke me up in the middle of the night causing a lot of pain throughout my leg, it's very difficult to walk now. I have provided a link with a picture of my thigh where the tick bite is. But when I woke up, I pulled off the tick and that little area was numb but the rest of my leg was in terrible pain. Now it hurts all over the leg and walking is so painful on it. Do you think it could be lyme disease?
The way it looks and feels is scaring me. It hurts A LOT.

Thanks

Anonymous

I went hiking yesterday and by the time I got home I found a tick in my neck and one on my breast area. We pulled them out with tweezers and I went on my taking a shower. Neither of these bites really hurt a the next day the feel fine. Only one major problem with this story....
I woke up pretty sore in my stomach and when I took off my shirt low & behold there is another tick that had lodged itself inside my belly button!!!! WE pulled it with tweezers and I washed the area with soap/hydrogen peroxide. 5 hours later I am in extreme pain inside my belly button and I'm pretty much hunched over. Inside there is a black circle which almost looks like another tick that is actually totally embedded in the skin. Ticks don't actually climb inside your skin so I can only imagine that it's a few areas where the critter was biting me throughout the night. I'm not going to freak out because everything I've read states disease symptoms do not start occurring until 3 -6 days later but if this pain doesn't go away by tomorrow I'll probably be calling a doctor.

Anonymous

Sorry I know this post is old but the comments the one guy was leaving really irritated me..he thinks he knows it all and then saying that your doing this for attention when I know your clearly not,because I got bit by a tick a few days ago I didn't know it was a tick bite at first but my leg was hurting bad it was sore and felt like someone kicked the shit out of me in that area..I went to get into the shower and that's when I noticed it was a tick bite I had my neighbor come over to help get it out but it's left a black spot where it bit me and I'm not feeling well,my whole body is sore,fever,head feels weird like I'm getting the fly or something..I called my doctor and their calling me in a script today for antibiotics so the doctor will give you medication to take untill you can get in to them to be checked out..The doctor told me symptoms can begin to show 2-14 days after the bite of the tick..

Anonymous

I woke up this morning and felt like I had bumped my leg and bruised it. Drinking my coffee I felt this pain on my leg as if I had walked into a sharp object. I went to the bathroom expecting to see a big bruise but instead I found a tick embedded into my skin with about a nickel size red ring around it. My boyfriend pulled the tick out with tweezers. He got the whole tick out but it left a black center and holy crap does it ache! I have been bitten by ticks many times throughout my life but I have never had one that caused pain. Going to the doctors this morning. Has me a bit freaked out!

Anonymous

I know this was a REALLY old post but it irritated me so much I had to comment. First off, NO doctor is going to put you directly on antibiotics. Second, a tick HAS to be embedded MORE than 24 hours to infect anyone with the Lyme bacteria. Last, your description sounds extremely exagerated. It takes days to MONTHS for symptoms to appear. I think this is a "pay attention to me" post.

I disagree with you

Well then you need to" pay attention to me" as well because I found this post when I was looking for my own symptoms. Mine are exactly the same as this persons, and yes, it happened very fast. I know that the tick was not there yesterday because it was on my leg, and I just shaved them yesterday morning, and no tick. I found one today because it felt like I was being poked or stabbed by something. I pulled out the entire tick. Now just hours later, I have increased pain and a dime sized red spot. This persons description doesn't sound "extremely exaggerated" at all.

I just came from the doctor. I had a tic bite as well we removed the whole tic last evening. It was behind my knee and I don't know how long it was there, I have a large bruise at the site about 4 inches by 2 inches. It stings and burns. Doc is giving me a preventative dose of antibiotics. Which they will do within 72 hours of a tic bite if it meets the CDC criteria.

I'm sorry this post is old but I was having a pain on my left leg I go to get into the shower and noticed a tick embedded in the back of my leg.it hurts really bad and is swollen.ive already had Lyme's disease when I was younger.is it normal for a tick bite to cause such pain already?

Hello Anon

Symptoms can happen quickly.

Please see your doctor and hopefully you saved the tick for evaluation.

Me too! I had one bite me last night that woke me up from a dead sleep and made my arm feel like it was FULL of abscesses (which it wasn't). Now I have a red cherry area where I pulled it off and it has been hurting REALLY badly ever since. I am a nurse and I have had my fair share of tick bites over the years. We work with rescue dogs, go pioneer camping and hiking and such. I have NEVER experienced a bite like this. It has me scared and I am in the process of finding out where I can get it tested.

Tags:

Lyme Disease