ask: Very painful, bruised, red, tick bite.

I have gotten many tick bites this year. over 15 (We live in the woods), but this tick bite woke me up in the middle of the night causing a lot of pain throughout my leg, it's very difficult to walk now. I have provided a link with a picture of my thigh where the tick bite is. But when I woke up, I pulled off the tick and that little area was numb but the rest of my leg was in terrible pain. Now it hurts all over the leg and walking is so painful on it. Do you think it could be lyme disease?

The way it looks and feels is scaring me. It hurts A LOT. Please take a look at it and let me know what you think.

I know this was a REALLY old post but it irritated me so much I had to comment. First off, NO doctor is going to put you directly on antibiotics. Second, a tick HAS to be embedded MORE than 24 hours to infect anyone with the Lyme bacteria. Last, your description sounds extremely exagerated. It takes days to MONTHS for symptoms to appear. I think this is a "pay attention to me" post.

That was really horrible to say, not everyone is the same. I just woke up this morning and Im on hold with the ER because I had a tick in my neck. Just removed it 20 minutes ago and the only way i knew it was there was my neck feels broke. I cant move my neck now at all. I just read if you have immediate pain you are allergic. Shame on you for responding as you did. Apparently your just ignorant.

I have had Lyme and anaplasmosis. I got a tick bite last mon or tues. I pulled it out, it was irritated. I kept an eyey on it. By Friday night, the irritation/rash had doubled. Went to the walk in Sunday am (the first opportunity I had) and the doc DID put me on doxy. Couldnt test for 2 weeks and it would just show my previous infection. My tick was NOT embedded for 24 hours and guess what? I have all the symptoms of Lyme. Just because your experience is different doesn't mean its absolute. I think you're rude.

Hi Sysy,

What did your doctor say? Has s/he seen you?

Sysy92 (reply to Rosa Cabrera RN)

Hi rosa!
Went to the doctor today and they checked it out. They said I have Cellulitis and it looks like a classic sign of Lyme Disease. They tested me and said they won't know for 3 days if i have previously been exposed to lyme disease, and that I won't know if this bite exposed me to lyme disease for 28 days (when I have a retest). They put me on Doxycicline for 2 weeks, and said if I develop a fever or worsening symptoms to come back. I have a lot of join pain, but hopefully the medicine will help with that.

Rosa Cabrera RN (reply to Sysy92)

Hi Sysy,

I'm glad you got a diagnosis and that you were started on medication. Hoping that treatment is very effective since you went in early. Please keep us posted in 3 days!

Sysy92 (reply to Rosa Cabrera RN)

Hi rosa!

I'm not tolerating this antibiotic very well. It has been giving me nausea and vomitting. I am allergic to cipro,sulfa, and nitrofurant monohys. Could there be any other antibiotics I can take wiith less side effects?
I am on doxycicline twice a day,100 mg for 10 days.

Rosa Cabrera RN (reply to Sysy92)

Nausea and Vomiting are normal side effects of antibiotics but If you are allergic to Sulfites, please call your doctor to change your prescription. It may also help to take all antibiotics with some food to reduce the n/v. 

Sysy92 (reply to Rosa Cabrera RN)

Hi Rosa,
I have not heard back from the doctor yet.
However, the swelling around my tick bite expanded, and it now looks like there is a hole in my leg. And it was very red all around it again. I haven't scratched it at all, so i dont see how this could've happened. it's hurting again too.

fourbluesixpink (reply to Sysy92)

I just ran into this post. How did things come out for you? It's been about 8 months since this happened - I'm just wondering how you are doing now? Was it Lyme's? Were they able to give you a different antibiotic that helped more?

Lyme Disease

Have you joined the IUD trend? What kind of birth control do you use? :