Very painful, bruised, red, tick bite.

By Sysy92 November 16, 2011 - 6:58am

I have gotten many tick bites this year. over 15 (We live in the woods), but this tick bite woke me up in the middle of the night causing a lot of pain throughout my leg, it's very difficult to walk now. I have provided a link with a picture of my thigh where the tick bite is. But when I woke up, I pulled off the tick and that little area was numb but the rest of my leg was in terrible pain. Now it hurts all over the leg and walking is so painful on it. Do you think it could be lyme disease?
The way it looks and feels is scaring me. It hurts A LOT.

Thanks

Anonymous

I woke up this morning and felt like I had bumped my leg and bruised it. Drinking my coffee I felt this pain on my leg as if I had walked into a sharp object. I went to the bathroom expecting to see a big bruise but instead I found a tick embedded into my skin with about a nickel size red ring around it. My boyfriend pulled the tick out with tweezers. He got the whole tick out but it left a black center and holy crap does it ache! I have been bitten by ticks many times throughout my life but I have never had one that caused pain. Going to the doctors this morning. Has me a bit freaked out!

Anonymous

I know this was a REALLY old post but it irritated me so much I had to comment. First off, NO doctor is going to put you directly on antibiotics. Second, a tick HAS to be embedded MORE than 24 hours to infect anyone with the Lyme bacteria. Last, your description sounds extremely exagerated. It takes days to MONTHS for symptoms to appear. I think this is a "pay attention to me" post.

Well then you need to" pay attention to me" as well because I found this post when I was looking for my own symptoms. Mine are exactly the same as this persons, and yes, it happened very fast. I know that the tick was not there yesterday because it was on my leg, and I just shaved them yesterday morning, and no tick. I found one today because it felt like I was being poked or stabbed by something. I pulled out the entire tick. Now just hours later, I have increased pain and a dime sized red spot. This persons description doesn't sound "extremely exaggerated" at all.

I am so relieved to know others have had immediate pain when bitten! I also woke up at 4AM with intense pain in my side that felt like appendicitis or something horrible. I found a tick on the site of the pain, removed it and the pain went on for hours. I stopped at urgent care and they told me many people react this way because after our area was sprayed, the insects became more virulent. I was also given doxy and the site only has dull pain a day later. No one is trying to get attention by sharing this experience. You feel like a weirdo when the bite is so painful and find relief when you read others have had similar reactions to tick bites.

My bite was 4 days ago and I still feel pain and there is some swelling with a nickel sized red spot around where he bit me. There is pain in that area and it feels like a piece o glass is inside of it..... I am concerned I may get sick?

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

It's worth talking to your doctor about this. We get tick bites all the time in our house but we find the ticks pretty quickly and have never had a reaction. Your reaction should be reported - better to be sage than sorry.

No, this also happened to me last night. I woke up with a sharp pain in my breast and I looked and thought it was a scab but when I picked it off it was a tiny tick! My breast still hurts very bad today. I have already taken 4 hundred mg tabs of Doxycycline. Bite is very red and raised. Extremely painful.

Well your wrong.
I got bit today... While i was at work i all of a sudden felt an extremely bad pain in my side, so i went to the bathroom to look and sure enough it was a tick.
Now its only been about 20 minutes since it happened and my whole side hurts so bad that im laying down to relax, and i have a nice bruise where it bit me

Hey, guess what? You are wrong. I was bitten by a tick and it was imbedded in my forearm. The only reason I knew was because I felt it bite me. I am in the woods and fields everyday as a horsewoman. Never before in my life had I felt a tick bite me. I just found them attached and removed them. But this one hurt. It also became red in a circle about 2 inches wide very quickly. The pain is down into my wrist and bone in forearm. So people can think whatever they like about how quickly things transpire on a tick bite and whether someone can feeI a bite happening or not. Unfortunately I now know to the contrary.

Actually it doesn't have to be in for 24, it can be in for as little as 12 hours. I hope that you don't have Lyme and that remind yourself that nasty people should really be ignored. Hope you're feeling better.

Lyme Disease