very sudden happening

By September 30, 2011 - 6:31am

I will suddenly get super weak all over, almost to the point I have to fight blacking out, I get nauseous, and it is very, very, hard to breathe. simetimes it will last only a few (5 minutes or less) then again it can last up to twenty minutes, I'm left so tired I can not talk. my word slur, feels like my mouth doesn't want to open.
I have fibromaliga, neurofibromatosis, and in past month was told I have Laryngeal Spasmodic Dysphonia, could this be related to one of these

Hi Judy

Thanks for your post and welcome!

While Fibromyalgia causes fatigue and a feeling of physical weakness, it doesn't happen to the extent that it would cause problems breathing or passing out.

Laryngeal Spasmodic Dysphonia is a neurological disorder can indeed cause problems with speaking and even breathing.

Neurofibromatosis can cause seizures - this may be what is happening with you. Do you have NF1 or 2? NF1 is linked with seizures. Do you have a history of seizures?

Based on the three conditions you mentioned, LSD and NF may the reasons why these episodes are happening but it is very important to make an appointment with your doctor and let him/her your symptoms. Having one of these episodes while you are on your own may be dangerous, due to your difficultly breathing and the fact that it can happen for up to five minutes. There is also a possibility that these conditions are not linked and you may have something additional going on. My suggestion is to call your doctor today and ask for an immediate appointment.

Will you keep us posted?

Thank you for your answer. I have NF1 as does our daughter.
I am in orocess of have my Throat and the LSD worked on.
two appts this week for extensive test.

HERWriter Guide (reply to durant.judy@yahoo.com)

Hi Judy

Thanks for the update.

Since you do have NF1, this may be the connection. I'm glad you are going in for more testing soon and please keep us posted!