Viginal pain

By Anonymous April 18, 2015 - 9:02pm

Hi my name is Claudia currently I've ben having a lot of pain around my vigina specially every time I have sex with my partner . I've ben having this problem for like 6 to 8 months it feels like it's getting worst I can't even have sex with my partner . I appear to have dryness also. A lot of irritation and inflation and some achyness around my vigina . I've gone to my doctor and got tested for any yeast infections but nothing appears . I do not know what else to do .

Hello and thank you for sharing your question.

One of the most common causes of vaginal dryness is low estrogen levels.  The dryness can then lead to irritation, inflammation, and pain because of intercourse.  

Low estrogen usually occurs during menopause but can happen at any time.  So I suggest your next step be to go to the doctor to get your estrogen levels checked.