Vomits, gas , nausea every day with no other symptom..what could it be?

By October 5, 2011 - 12:02pm

About a month or 2 ago i started having nauseas, gas and vomiting every day almost everytime i eat. Its not that i vomit the whole food intake but more like a reflux type of vomit. I thought i was pregnant but am not. I started reading online about my symptoms and it seems to be reflux but i read that its accompanied by pain in the stomach which i dont have at all. Also, sometimes i vomit food from the day before, or just part of the food i ate. Sometimes its not right after eating, and sometimes the nausea is just a big weird burp and no vomit. Sometimes is the burp with vomit. Its so weird!!! I feel great otherwise...no other symptom at all. I must say that sometimes when i get the urge to vomit (nausea) I go to the bathroom and if the bathroom smells bad it makes me vomit. What could it be???? I will appreciate any insights! I went to a "nature medic" and he said i dont asssimilate fiber (like in beans, etc) too good.

Hi..thanks for your response. Trying to answer your questions: first, sometimes i feel the acid in my throat but very little, none in my stomach. My bowel movements are pretty normal. And about the foods...not really> I try to eat organic, and fruits ...i eat a lot of potatoes and carrots and stop eating meats 80%. the naturopata doctor did some tests with my saliva and blood...I plan on discussing my symptoms in my next visit in oct 15. Thanks again!

HERWriter Guide (reply to luz velez)

Hi luz

If you are feeling the acid in your throat, make sure you mention it, as it does sound like it may be reflux - but there could be something else going on in your digestive system too. Please keep us posted when you have your next appointment and good luck!

Thank you! I will! It seems to be something related to my digestive system...or maybe its psychological....we'll see!

Hi luz velez

Thanks for your post and I'm sorry you're going through this, it sounds just awful.

Have you started eating foods that you are not used to? I'm wondering if you are having an allergic reaction to something.

It sounds like you are in some kind of gastro-intestinal distress. Regarding heartburn, do you feel a burn in your throat or going down into your chest?

I was also thinking about something called Diverticulitis but if you have no stomach pain whatsoever, it may not be that.

You can read more about Diverticulitis here: http://www.empowher.com/condition/diverticulitis

Are your bowel movements normal?

Since this has been going on for two months, you really need to see a doctor about this. When you say a "nature medic" told you that could have problems digesting fiber (which could be the case) how did he/she examine you? Did he/she also interview you regarding your symptoms?

Allergies Guide