was on Ortho Tri Cyclen and have question about periods.

By November 26, 2014 - 4:27pm

Hello i really need help on trying to.figure out my cycle.
i stopped taking the pills in September and everytime i missed a pill i would spot bleeding very little then when i took the pill no more bleeding. I started my period October 12 -16 and then three days later i began to spot and then really bleed for almost a week and a half. i did have sex but protected. I just started my period November 25. What happen?????????? Thank you

Hi Rosyln

Doesn't sound like you have anything to worry about. It can take about 3 months for your menstrual cycle to go back to normal following the birth control pill. 

So it may not stabilize for another month or so. Keep using protection to avoid pregnancy and give your cycle a little more time.