Watc could all these symptoms mean besides pregnancy?

By Anonymous April 9, 2012 - 6:17pm

My period started on March 24 it ended about March 28. Since about the 5th of this month I started having pregnany like symptoms; neusea, mood swings, headaches, dizziness and change in my appetite. I had unprotected the day before my period and also everyday since April 2nd till today, I started with cramps and now light bleeding. Ive never had irregular cycles. What could this be?

Thank you for your question and welcome to Empowher. If you had a positive pregnancy test and now are bleeding heavily, you should seek a physician's assistance as you certainly could be experiencing a miscarriage. Going to your doctor should be a major concern at this time. Keep us posted.

I Had Unprotected After My Period I Listed In The Dates. I Stopped Spotting That Day And Took A Pregnancy Test 2 Days Ago Which Came Back positive But Today I Started Bleeding Heavy? Can I Be Having a miscarriage Already?

Wouldnt it be to early for a home test to read accurate?

You can take a pregnancy about 14 days after you have unprotected sex so you need to wait a week or two.

It's too early to tell and if you had your period after you had unprotected sex in March, then you are not pregnant from that.

Therefore if your period doesn't come as expected in the next 10-14 days (check your calendar!) you can test. In general, symptoms this fast are very unusual - you may just be ovulating now, based on your dates. Your symptoms could also be from a virus or bug of some sort and have nothing to do with pregnancy. But you can never say never!  Ttime will tell in a couple of weeks! The general rule of thumb is you can test about 14 days after unprotected sex.

Welcome to EmpowHER.  You might want to take a home pregnancy test.  If you had unprotected sex, you might have been on your fertile days.

Here are some resources for you