What is this?

By August 21, 2010 - 2:10am

I realize you can not give dianoses to people on this site but I would like to know what possibly is wrong with me. I have several pain causing disorders but am in so much pain day and night that I don't think the doctors have it right yet and they have basically stopped looking. My diagnoses: anemia of chronic disease, fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome, cervical disc degeneration, lumbar disc degeneration, cervical spondylosis, chronic low back pain, foot pain due to some complex malalignment problem, sciatica, osteomalacia, and another catch-all one- chronic pain syndrome. Aside from some xrays lately of my neck, MRIs in 2007 and 2008, I've had no tests to find out why I'm in so much pain. I can not get comfortable even lying in bed at night to sleep so I have extreme insomnia. I feel like my doctors DO believe that I am in a lot of pain, but I am now in pain management so no one is looking for a cause anymore. Any ideas out there on what is the cause of all this pain? I'm 42 this year, have not been a big exerciser but am trying now to prevent deterioration from progressing. Any help will be appreciated.. Rebecca M.

Hi Rebecca

Thank you for your post and for so much detail; it really helps when are members give as much information as they can!

I think the reasons for your pain have been established: Fibro, CFS, lower back pain, cervical spondylosis, sciatica etc. I had sciatica when I was pregnant and the pain was just excruciating but ended as soon as baby was out. I cannot imagine having that pain all the time so I really feel for you. As to WHY you have all these conditions is beyond my scope. Your conditions are mostly chronic, with no known cures- only treatments. What have your doctors told you?

I think you should consider your treatment for all this pain. When you say you are in pain management, what do you mean exactly?

Are you continuing or weaning from medication? Are you looking into natural methods like meditation, Yoga or relaxation techniques? Acupuncture (listening to our readers, this has worked for many) or mind-body techniques? Are you in counseling or therapy, due to the pain you are in?

Rebecca, please tell us a little more about what you are doing now, for your pain so that we can help guide you in the right direction.

Fibromyalgia Guide