What and where is the Sixth Sense?

What is a Sixth Sense? I remember in school always learning that there are five senses but I hear there is a sixth. What exactly is it?

The sixth sense is nothing that can be medically, biologically or scientifically explained but I believe we all have it.

The five senses - hearing, seeing, touching, smelling and tasting are easy to describe.

The sixth sense is considered spiritual, instinctual and intangible. Our sixth sense can perhaps be considered psychic - a mental and spiritual insight into another realm that doesn't have a practical foundation but is real nonetheless.

While I am a huge skeptic in terms of tarot card readers and psychics in general, I do believe that we have an intangible sense of instinct that is not always of the physical world. This is what I consider evidence of a sixth sense:

-The experience of deja vu

-That feeling that the phone is about to ring - and it does.

-Thinking about someone you haven't had contact with in years and they suddenly write, call or visit within days

-A sense that something bad is going to happen - and it does: an accident, a feeling that something is wrong, and it turns out that something was indeed wrong, despite having no evidence to prove it or any advanced knowledge.

-Suddenly thinking about a person you haven't thought about in months or years, to find out later that they died or had a serious event at the time you thought of them.

People talk of having a 'gut feeling' or a feeling 'in their bones' - this is the sixth sense. We all have it - we just need to listen to it.
We receive warnings from our sixth sense all the time - it starts off in whispers...little 'gut feelings' that what we are doing is wrong, or we're heading for trouble, even though what we are doing is not illegal, immoral or even dangerous. But you know, for some inexplicable reason, that it just 'doesn't sit right' with you. When we don't listen to our sixth sense, it gets louder and louder until we may ultimately pay a heavy price.

Trust your instincts, listen to your gut. Animals do it all the time - why should we be so different?