What are alternative medicine treatments for Premature Ventricular Contractions?

By September 13, 2010 - 6:31am

I was prescribed Metoprolol which is a Beta Blocker but I rather go with a natural alternative.

For heart PVC Premature ventricle contractions Natural alternatives
Supplements and ideas of possible causes of PVC
l carnotine
aloe vera capsules or juice
flax seed oil and fish oil
get an allergy rest
see a dentist denal issues cause heart palpitations
Get and ear checked and sinus check
Eat garlic
s parasite cleanse
Get hormones checked and if your taking hormones make sure you are not having an allergic reaction to hormones, supplements, lotions fabrics chemical . Make sure you don't have mold in your house , car or workplace.
Make sure you don't have carbon monoxide leak in your home
Put plants in one room for a few months.

Make sure your not EMS electo magnetic senstivity
reacting to WIFI cell phones, lab tops smart meters digital car computerized stuff ...

PureTango 'CardioPhase' has reduced my events to practically zero over about 5 weeks. On rare occasions if I feel it trying to re-start, I take a couple of capsules. Pricey, but well worth the cost.

Thanks Pat
I just happened to run into this website, I had completely forgotten.
I'm now retired 62 yrs old and no longer looking for a job, just babysitting my granddaughter who's 10 months. I still have those PVC'S and they don't seem to be going anywhere. still bothersome. I was just wondering if this condition could turn into something dangerous eventually?

Mini228 - Unemployment is extremely stressful! Many times it can lead to depression too, so be on the lookout for symptoms. This economy has been very hard on a lot of good people. Here is a website that could help you if you're in the U.S. You can enter your state on the home page and get another page of helpful groups and other resources in your state. http://www.job-hunt.org/

I hope this well help you in your job search and that you also will be feeling better too.

Thanks Pat
Besides the premature ventricular contractions, i have no heart problems, my echo cardiogram was normal. I have no cardiac disease in my family. I drink a cup of coffee a day in the morning, I don't smoke or use any type of drugs or medications. I'm 60 yrs old perfectly healthy otherwise. No high cholesterol, no diabetes, no thyroid problems. I guess my problems is based on stress/anxiety as my PVC's started last year around July and I have been unemployed since May 2009, so yes I do have a very stressful life and I guess working on my stress will help, hopefully.

Hi Minerva - Thanks for your question, it's a good one. According to the Mayo Clinic, most people with PVC's and an otherwise normal heart won't need treatment. Making lifestyle changes, such as eliminating common contraction triggers such as caffeine or tobacco can decrease the severity and frequency of symptoms.

Mayo also offers several self-care strategies:
* Track your triggers. If you have frequent symptoms, you might want to take note of your symptoms and your activities. This can help identify substances or actions that may trigger premature ventricular contractions.
* Modify your substance use. Caffeine, alcohol, tobacco and other recreational drugs are known triggers of premature ventricular contractions. Reducing or avoiding these substances can reduce your symptoms.
* Manage stress. Anxiety can trigger abnormal heartbeats. If you think anxiety may be contributing to your condition, try stress-reduction techniques, such as biofeedback, meditation or exercise, or talk to your doctor about anti-anxiety medications.

There are several so-called "natural" alternatives available online, however, there are also warnings that patients need to be extremely cautious about these products. I would definitely look for specific clinical data about any such product under consideration.

People who have frequent, bothersome symptoms may be offered treatment to help them feel better. For those with underlying heart conditions, however, medication becomes more critical. You can learn more here: http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/premature-ventricular-contractions/DS00949/DSECTION=treatments-and-drugs

Are you being treated for cardiac issues beyond PVC's or do you have a history of cardiac disease in your family?

I hope this helps!

Ventricular Premature Beats

Ventricular Premature Beats Guide