What are the chances of being pregnant after this?

By June 9, 2016 - 8:37pm

Before I get to my issue, I just thought I'd let you know that I've been on birth control for more than two years but stopped taking them since April. So I've been off the pill for almost two months, and my last period was the second week of May and I expect my period next week or a few days after.
My boyfriend and I had unprotected sex today (June 10) and he ejaculated inside. We got an emergency contraceptive within the hour after...
..but had sex again and he ejaculated inside. We are aware of the possible outcomes and will take responsibility for these actions. We took the ECP because this is the first time he ejaculated inside since I got off the pill. I've read a few articles about how the pill only covers one act, but what if we had sex within an hour after taking the ECP?

I'd also like to add that we've had unprotected many times even after getting off the pill, but as mentioned this is the first time he ejaculated inside while off the pill. Thank you in advanced.

Hi aaautumnn

You are playing a very risky game of "how close can I get to pregnancy without getting pregnant?" which is going to cause stress and some day, possibly a pregnancy. People who truly don't want to get pregnant don't do this.

As for taking emergency contraction and then taking EC and then having unprotected sex again hours later, you should be be covered but we can't say for sure obviously. EC is 95% effective when taken within 24 hours so your risk is very low.

Thank you for the response! Yes, my partner and I understand we have been very risky, and we do not mind if I end up getting pregnant at this point.
I know only time will tell if I am really pregnant, but I have another concern. I was expecting to get my period this week, and just last night while I was working, I bled a little. It wasn't really spotting, but it wasn't heavy either, which is unusual. I've taken the EC pill more than once before and my period has always been continuously bleeding once it starts.
I woke up this morning expecting to see a soaked pad, but I barely bled throughout the night and do not feel any cramps. It doesn't feel like I will be bleeding anymore, which is veryyy unusual. Could this be implantation bleeding? I was feeling a little nauseous a few days, but it's normal before I get my period. I couldn't digest food well and threw up yellow-green ish bile. I plan on taking a test a little later to be more accurate if I continue to not bleed. My question is if it's possible to have a dark red implantation bleeding.

HERWriter Guide (reply to aaautumnnn)

Hi again!

Implantation is generally light pink to light brown blood. We can't interpret every symptom for someone, especially when they are taking emergency contraception.

Bottom line is that pregnancy isn't likely and these are more likely to be symptoms from taking EC.

I think if you're ok with getting pregnant then go for it rather than analyzing every occurrence that happens. You're engaging in sexual activity that may get you pregnant but is also low risk, you're kind of ok with getting pregnant but you are taking the morning after pill at the same time.

Nobody can really work all this out for you, the decisions you are making are causing the confusion.