What are the effects of heavy metals & toxins on progesterone production?

What are the effects of heavy metals (found in our food, water, personal care products, vaccines, and environment) on our hormone levels, specifically progesterone?

I know that they are Xenoestrogens that disrupt the endocrine system and often cause estrogen dominance, but I read recently that they can actually inhibit the production of progesterone. Do you have any data or opinion on that?

Wow - you are so well informed and well researched - good for you! 

I wish I could come up with more but as you can see - studies aren't exactly overflowing. 

One thing I am seeing, as you describe your symptoms - is potentially leading to auto immune diseases. Have you looked into this? If not, I really think you should. I know you've had a lot of testing but look into lupus as a possible cause or other auto immune conditions - many are linked.

Also - have you been tested for Lyme disease? 

I'd really like you to stay in touch with us about this. You have the option of writing a Share (rather than an Ask) on your issues. We can then link your Share and see where on the Internet it could take is in terms of getting feedback from others. 

PM me if this would interest you (you never have to use your own name). Your story is very disheartening, especially for someone so young and who would like to start a family. We'd like to help more. 

Thanks for your post. 

Heavy metals aren't good for any parts of our body. 

EmpowHER does not conduct studies. 

In terms of female reproduction, some internet searching can help you. To begin (opinion)- 

There may be a connection to miscarriages - you can read a study here (data): 

The above studies adds in a few variables like Vitamin E but it's worth a read.

Are you concerned about your pregnancy, Anon?

Thanks for the response! I have already done a LOT of Internet searching and had already read the "opinion" link you sent. It is actually what peaked my interest. I have had a lot of debilitating issues the last 4 years and I have been left to my own resources for healing. I have been eating organic whole foods and drinking clean non-fluoridated water, I have cut out gluten, dairy, egg, refined sugars, coffee, alcohol, and processed food. I have noticed a wonderful improvement on my physical health (lost 35lbs of inflammation in 6-8 months). My estrogen levels decreased significantly (were previously extremely high) but my progesterone got lower as well. Bio identical hormone cream didn't help raise it after 1 year of use. I figured there must be an underlying issue I haven't found yet. Heavy metal toxicity fits the bill, so I was hoping you had some awesome information on it that I hadn't found yet.

I am now 25 years old. My current symptoms: progesterone is very low (2.67 on blood test), brain fog, don't drive anymore because I don't feel alert enough, panic attacks and night sweats before period, and arm rash. I have had my thyroid, adrenal glands, intolerances, and vitamins/ minerals tested. The only thing left that makes sense to me is heavy metals stored in my body or maybe a sensitivity to nightshades or all grains?

My husband and I want to try conceiving soon and I am nervous about my low progesterone reading from a few months ago. Thanks for reading... I have been studying holistic health intensely for the last year and a half to try and solve my own health mystery.

Thank you for your time.