What are my chances of getting pregnant if i missed one pill and made it up ASAP?

I missed one pill Thursday night, in my third week, but made it up as soon as i woke up on Friday morning. I also took my pill about 3 hours late on Saturday night, which would have been my last active pill. My boyfriend and I had sex soon after. We used a condom, but it broke. He had already went shortly before we had sex. He went inside of me not knowing the condom broke, but he barely went. What are my chances of getting pregnant?

Arenaless

I forgot to take my Wednesday pill on my first week of starting a new pack and then I took Thursday pill 4 hours late and then I took Friday pill on time and that same day I had sex with my boyfriend. Would I get pregnant ???

Anonymous

So I have been on the pill for a little over a year, and I just switched from the once a month period to only having a period every three months due to bad cramps. on the second week into my pack, a Monday, I forgot to take my pill, remembering Tuesday afternoon some 16 hours later. That same Tuesday I again forgot to take my pill, remembering to take it Wednesday afternoon, again some 16 hours late. My husband and I had unprotected sex, except for the fact that I am on the pill, on the Saturday and Sunday before this. Now some two and a half weeks later I am not sure what is going on with my body. I have discharge below, always hungry, rapid weight gain (like some three pounds in just a couple of days), craving foods that I normally don't eat, sore breasts, mood swings, tired, and some cramps. I took a pregnancy test the week after I forgot my pill, and then again some 12 or 13 days after I forgot and both turned out negative. I am now about 17 days out from forgetting and I am wondering if I am pregnant or if it is just a reaction to the new pills. I know that I won't start my period for another two months, at least according to my pill pack. Therefore, I was wondering if anyone had any advice as I have never experienced pregnancy and have no idea how my body would react.
Thank you!
-L

Maryann Gromisch RN Guide (reply to Anonymous)

My advice is to contact your gynecologist, report all that has happened-missing doses and negative pregnancy test results, and follow his or her advice.

Regards,

Anonymous

Sorry I'm not sure if this is the right thread to ask this question in. Ive been on the combined pill for two months now and I've noticed that I feel nauseous during the pill free week and like i want to vomit. Im not pregnant as I've had the periods both times but I was wondering if it was normal and what could cause it? Thanks

Thank you for reaching out to us with your concern.

Check the insert that comes with your birth control pills. See if nausea is a reported side effect. Interesting that you experience this only during the pill free week. I wonder if you might be sensitive to the ingredients in the pill and for some reason have nausea when you are off the pill.

Other option is to report this to your gynecologist, who knows the name of the oral contraceptive, your medical history and if this has been reported by other patients.

Keep us updated,

Anonymous

Hi ladies I need some peace of mind.
So I have been taking birth control (the pill) for a little over a year now. Two weeks ago on Friday I forgot to take my pill ( I was on my second week of the pack) at my regular time (10PM) so I took it the next day which was Saturday at 10PM along with my Saturday pill. Five days later (Wednesday) I had sex with my boyfriend and he came inside. My concern is that 3 days after we had sex (Saturday) I woke up with a white discharge and some itching which made me think I had a yeast infection but I woke up Sunday and the "yeast" infection was gone. On Saturday I also had some sharp cramps happening but those also went away by Sunday night. I have read that yeast infection can be a very early sign of pregnancy. What are my chances, if any, that I may be pregnant? I'm just really confused and nervous since I have never missed a pill.

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Since you made up your pill the next day your pregnancy risk has not been raised. Your cramps and discharge could be symptoms of the natural monthly process - discharge can happen anytime (it could also be the release of sperm from having sex a few days earlier).

Thanks for your response Susan!
But I have another comment, so I'm still feeling cramps. I'm getting my period next week but I haven't felt cramps like these before. I'm really worried. I'm on birth control so I've heard cramping doesn't really happen with birth control and I know that to be true. If I do get cramps it's mostly while I have my period and if it's not during my period they're extremely light. Not sure why this is happening.

Hi again Anon!

Are you on the regular Pill or the mini-Pill?

I am on the regular pill. The pill I missed was on the second week of my pack. I am now on the third week of my pack. This week I start the fourth week which is when I get my period.

Pregnancy Guide