ask: What are my chances of getting pregnant if i missed one pill and made it up ASAP?

I missed one pill Thursday night, in my third week, but made it up as soon as i woke up on Friday morning. I also took my pill about 3 hours late on Saturday night, which would have been my last active pill. My boyfriend and I had sex soon after. We used a condom, but it broke. He had already went shortly before we had sex. He went inside of me not knowing the condom broke, but he barely went. What are my chances of getting pregnant?

Anonymous

I have been on Yaz for over a year now and the first time in a long time I skipped a pill about 5 days ago (during the second week). That next day I took the pill I had forgotten which was about 24 hours late and then took my other pill the same time I always do. About 5 days after missing a pill, my boyfriend and I had unprotected sex. What is the chance of pregnancy?

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Your risk of pregnancy has not been increased. You don't have to take any extra measures.

Anonymous

Hello. I have been on birth control pills for 3 years now. Yesterday I took my pill and threw up about an hour later. Today I had sex and the condom broke. Could I become pregnant from this? Should I take emergency contraceptives?

You should Take Plan B soon tjan 72 Hours sooner You Take Better Works Good luck

Your risk is very low but there may be some risk involved. You may want to take EC to be sure. It's up to you. It may interfere with your cycle, however but just read the side effects listed so you know the score.

Anonymous

Hi,
I forgot to take my pill on Friday, but I took the pill Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. I had unprotected sex on Saturday night, and I never made up for the missed pill as in took 2 in one day. This happened in week 3 of my pack, I am on a combined pill. It is now Monday. Should I take any emergency contraceptive or should I take two pills today, is that still effective? I am due to start the placebo pills tomorrow, or what should have actually been today, but I didn't realize I missed the pill until I took the last one today and it ended on the wrong day.
Thank you

Well i Think Its Better If You take Emergency Soon as Possible Sooner you take Works Better Or use Condoms In Future combinrf With Pill

Anonymous

Hi, Susan!
I've been on Yasmin for 10 years, and last night (Wednesday), for the first time in all these years, I missed the pill (it was the 18th pill of the 21 pills). So tonight (Thursday), I took the Wednesday pill (21 hours later than I normally should have), and pretty soon I'll take the Thursday pill, at the usual hour (so, basically, 2 pills in a day). What are the chances for me to get pregnant, considering the fact that I had sex on Monday morning? Should I take the remaining pills as usual and then take the 7 days break? Or, as soon as I finish this blister, should I immediately start a new blister, with no break? What should I do?
Thank you!

There is nothing to do and you don't need to start a new pack straight away. Continue taking your pills as usual.

When you miss one pill and make it up the next day - and take that day's pill (today's) today too then you are fully covered.

When I said " a blister", I meant "a pack". I'm sorry, English is not my mother tongue.

Pregnancy Guide

Pregnant? Where do you get your information and support about pregnancy and delivery? :