Pregnancy Guide

ask: What are my chances of getting pregnant if i missed one pill and made it up ASAP?

I missed one pill Thursday night, in my third week, but made it up as soon as i woke up on Friday morning. I also took my pill about 3 hours late on Saturday night, which would have been my last active pill. My boyfriend and I had sex soon after. We used a condom, but it broke. He had already went shortly before we had sex. He went inside of me not knowing the condom broke, but he barely went. What are my chances of getting pregnant?

Anonymous

Hi, so I had unprotexted sex Jan 15 and that was exactly one week after starting a new pack so I had taken 7 pills in a row, I forgot to take my pill that night and did not realize until the next evening (11:30pm) which is when I usually take my pills, i took two to make up for the missed one. Then Jan 19 i took plan B. My period should be Feb 1. I know i can wait two days and then find out. I just want to know what to expect. Is there a chance I'm pregnant?

Also, brand is sprintec

Anonymous

I took my pills regular every day during the month. I had unprotected sex and the next day realized i forgot to take the pill that morning so I doubled up the next day. I should have gotten my period this week but still have not. Should I be worried that I got pregnant?

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Since you made up your pill on time, you should be fine. I think your period will be along in the next few days. 

Anonymous

I missed my pill Monday and so I took 2 on Tuesday. Do my boyfriend and I need to use backup even if he pulls out on Saturday? This is my 3rd week and my placebos will start next Monday.

There is no need to use a backup - you took your pills and made them up as required. 

Anonymous

I have been on birth control for almost a year and have never missed a pill. I am very sexually active and this month on one of my most technically "fertile days" I was late with The pills by a couple hours (5 hours max) and I had sex and he finished inside. Could I be pregnant? My period has never been late and I was expected yesterday.. Should I be worried? I'm on my 3rd reminder pill.
Another question, thoughout the year, the days of my starting point kept changing. When I first started birth control I would start my period on a Friday, and then one day it changed to thursday and now after a couple months im at wednesday.. Is this normal?? Will my cycle continue to move forward?

You have no risk of being pregnant from taking the pill 5 hours later than usual. 

It's fine that your days have changed by a couple of days. The pill regulates the menstrual cycle pretty well but not to the point that it's on an exact 28 day cycle. 

Anonymous

I forgot two pills and when I realized it, I had to take 3 pills! I usually have my period on Monday but this time was on Tuesday and it wasn't the normal bleed. Is this because I had 3 pills?

It may have been but since you are bleeding, you don't have anything to worry about. Just start your next pack as usual!

Pregnant? Where do you get your information and support about pregnancy and delivery? :