Pregnancy Guide

ask: What are my chances of getting pregnant if i missed one pill and made it up ASAP?

I missed one pill Thursday night, in my third week, but made it up as soon as i woke up on Friday morning. I also took my pill about 3 hours late on Saturday night, which would have been my last active pill. My boyfriend and I had sex soon after. We used a condom, but it broke. He had already went shortly before we had sex. He went inside of me not knowing the condom broke, but he barely went. What are my chances of getting pregnant?

Anonymous

I forgot to take a pill on the second week (wednesday). I did not realize I forgot the missing pill until the following Sunday, which I took two pills that day. I've had unprotected sex during that time frame. Any chance I could be pregnant since I did not make up for the missing pill until days later? I've been taking all the rest normally. My pill is a low dose combination pill. Should I be worried about pregnancy?

Anonymous

Hi I missed a pill on feb 15 and took it on fen 16 around 1pm then another pill later that night. But my boyfriend and I had sex
4 times from the 14th- 15th. Am I still protected?

Thank you

Maryann Gromisch RN Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Yes, you were protected because you took the missed dose and the dose for that day.

Regards,

Anonymous

I am currently taking sprintec. My husband and I had sex on day 6 of the first week of my pack. the night before that I forgot to take my pill. I took it as soon as I remembered the next morning. I usually take it before bed, so it wasn't a normal thing for me to miss one. Should I be concerned about becoming pregnant? We're newly married and I'm just a little nervous:)

I can appreciate your concern, but you can relax. You missed only one active pill and made up for the missed dose as soon as you realized it. No risk for becoming pregnant.

Regards,

Anonymous

Hi. I was wondering.. I missed my pills on Wednesday and Thursday realized it on Friday but only took one pill that night. And I think I took a pill Saturday morning also. My boyfriend and I had sex Friday night, Saturday night and twice Sunday morning.. No protection. But I took my pill Friday Saturday Sunday.
I forgot to label my pills this month when I started so I'm not sure on dates and I feel stupid. Should I take a plan B tonight? I'm just very nervous.

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

I can't really say if you should take an emergency contraceptive, as it will likely interfere in your cycle. However, you still have a risk of pregnancy because you missed two pills and did not make them up. If you are going to take EC then do so as soon as possible as your risk increases the longer you wait to take the Plan B. 

Anonymous

Hi,

I accidentally took the wrong pill. I took week 3's Friday pill instead of week 2's Saturday.. I didn't realize this until I had to take today's (Sunday). I immediately took the missed pill but what should I do about when I get to the pill that is gone for week 3? Please help!

Anonymous

My girlfreind and i had sex . I came in here and she forgot to take her pill that day but took it the next day is there a chance shes pregnant

Anonymous

Hello.
So my problem is that I forgot to take my last pill on the first week (Saturday) I took the first six normally. And I did not realize I forgot it well into the second week of my pack. So I didn't make it up. I've been taking all the rest normally. I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend the Tuesday after that Saturday. My pill is a low dose combination pill (minastrin 24fe). Should I be worried about pregnancy?
Please help!

Pregnant? Where do you get your information and support about pregnancy and delivery? :