ask: What are my chances of getting pregnant if i missed one pill and made it up ASAP?

I missed one pill Thursday night, in my third week, but made it up as soon as i woke up on Friday morning. I also took my pill about 3 hours late on Saturday night, which would have been my last active pill. My boyfriend and I had sex soon after. We used a condom, but it broke. He had already went shortly before we had sex. He went inside of me not knowing the condom broke, but he barely went. What are my chances of getting pregnant?

Anonymous

Hi! i am vhel..Just want to ask if i took only 20 pills and after that we had an intercourse, am i still safe even though i didn't complete 21pills? i am a new user of althea pills. thank u..will wait for your answer.

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Hi vhel

The point of birth control pills is that you take them every day for 21 days so if you din't, then you risk pregnancy. However since it was the last pill of your cycle, your risk is very low. Use a condom if you have sex in the next 7 days and then take your new pack of pills as usual.

I have a similar question - I really need someone's options on this topic. What do you think my chances are of getting pregnant if I am in my second week and have been taking my daily birth control pill. On this past Saturday morning my husband and I had sex and for some reason maybe just distracted and got busy I forgot to take the pill. I didn't even realize until the next day when I had to double up and now I am back on track. What are my chances from missing the pill the same day of intercourse? Thanks

Anonymous

Hi Susan,
A few weeks ago I missed a couple of nonconsecutive pills and doubled up the next day, and then had unprotected sex that weekend. I took an emergency contraceptive 2 days later, and now 2 weeks later I am on the 4th day of my placebo week, and my period still hasn't come. I have slight brown discharge that I didn't have a few days ago. Is the emergency contraceptive affecting my period, or could I be pregnant?

Anonymous

I forgot to take my pill 2 days ago and me and my boyfriend had unpretected sex the next morning before i had realized i had forgotten the pill. I just doubled that night on my schedule. What are the odds i can get pregnant?

Anonymous

Hi susan.. I started this pack of pill on a monday . I forgot to take my pill on friday night last week which was the second week and i remembered to take it on saturday morning. Yesterday monday night, which is now the third week i forgot to take my pill and inhad unprotected sex. I remembere to take my pill this morning ( tuesday) and kept my schedule. I had sex yesterday as well (tuesday night) am i safe? Thank you

Yes, you should be safe since you are making them up the next day and taking that days pill too. Try to remember to take the pills daily - not doing this is how risks are raised. Set an alarm on your phone so take it at the same time every day.

Thank you

Anonymous

Hi Susan,
I am on the pill, my boyfriend and I had sex Sunday in which the condom broke without us knowing and I took my pill to be safe, it is now Wednesday evening and we had sex and sgsin the condom broke again. I realized I forgot to take Tuesday's pill so I doubled up. Do you suggest I get the morning after pill to be safe??

No! Doubling up is just fine, you'll be ok. Don't take emergency contraception, it won't help in any way and may interrupt your cycle.

You might want to invest in better condoms, for two to break in a row, you may have a bad batch.

Pregnancy Guide

Pregnant? Where do you get your information and support about pregnancy and delivery? :