ask: What are my chances of getting pregnant if i missed one pill and made it up ASAP?

I missed one pill Thursday night, in my third week, but made it up as soon as i woke up on Friday morning. I also took my pill about 3 hours late on Saturday night, which would have been my last active pill. My boyfriend and I had sex soon after. We used a condom, but it broke. He had already went shortly before we had sex. He went inside of me not knowing the condom broke, but he barely went. What are my chances of getting pregnant?

Anonymous

I usually take my pills at 8am, but I missed my pill on Thursday, and was late with my pill on Friday. I remembered at about 10pm on Friday and took them both, but I had had sex with my husband right before I remembered. How likely is it that I am pregnant?

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Very unlikely, Anon, since you made up the missed pill properly.

Anonymous

On day 3 of my active tablets, I missed a pill. I did not notice and continued taking my pills, but realised 6 days after and so made up for it then to be up to date with my pills.

I had sex 5 days before my missed pill (during my withdrawal bleeding).

Do I have a high risk of pregnancy?

Maryann Gromisch RN Guide (reply to Anonymous)

There was no risk for pregnancy, since intercourse happened during your period of withdrawal bleeding.

Regards,

Anonymous

Hi, I missed a day of taking the pill and have been a day behind with out realizing it till tonight, so I took 2 to catch me up. I take them around the same time every night and had unprotected sex Friday and today(Sunday) Is there a chance that I could be pregnant?

There is always a small risk but I would say that in your case, it's very small. Continue taking your pills as usual and I think you'll be fine. 

Anonymous

Hi, I missed either my day 6 or 7 pill, im not sure which one, and did not realise nor double up. I had unprotected sex regularly during these weeks but have continued to take my pill as i should be. My period is now due in a week but I am terrified that I could be pregnant. How likely is it?

Anonymous

I had unprotected sex and took the pill 5 hours after in the first three days of my pills
Haven't had sex since been taking pills regularly am I okay ?

Anonymous

The other day I had unprotected sex around the time I was suppose to take my pill, the next day I forgot to take it again. Could There be a possibility I am pregnant ?

Birth control pills work by preventing ovulation. Once you stop taking the active, hormone containing pill, you run the risk of stimulating ovulation.

Unprotected intercourse with ovulation leads to pregnancy.

Regards,

Pregnancy Guide

Pregnant? Where do you get your information and support about pregnancy and delivery? :