ask: What are my chances of getting pregnant if i missed one pill and made it up ASAP?

I missed one pill Thursday night, in my third week, but made it up as soon as i woke up on Friday morning. I also took my pill about 3 hours late on Saturday night, which would have been my last active pill. My boyfriend and I had sex soon after. We used a condom, but it broke. He had already went shortly before we had sex. He went inside of me not knowing the condom broke, but he barely went. What are my chances of getting pregnant?

Anonymous

Hello!
This month I missed two birth control pills, not consecutively. One in the second week and one in the third week. I did not ever end up taking the pills I missed. It is now the night where I take my placebo pill and today I had unprotected sex. Since I just had unprotected sex today, I am wondering what the chances of pregnancy are and if my egg has been fertilized, will I miss my period I am supposed to start approximately three days from now if I start taking my Placebo pills tonight like I am supposed to. Basically my question is how early will I know if I am pregnant, will I miss the period I am about to have in a couple of days?

Thank You.

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

If you get your bleeding then you are not pregnant from any sex you have had including yesterday.

You are risking pregnancy however, if you keep missing pills.

Anonymous

Hi I missed taking my pill on Sunday 23rd August and had unprotected sex that night I then remembered the next day and took my pill as regular 9:00pm on the night the next day plus taking the extra pill I missed as well i have now finished this months pack of pills Friday and I'm now on my 3rd day of not taking it to allow myself to come on my period but I still haven't had nothing happen, however I didn't have my period until the 6th August this month so I still have some time but should I be worried?

Anonymous

Hi! I have a question.
My name is Ashley and I am normally pretty good about taking my bc but last night I forgot to take it. My boyfriend and I had unprotected sex and I took my pill right after. Do you think I could get pregnant?

Hi Ashley
If you took your missed pill late but that day or next day you are protected. It's not something you should do though, in the future.

Should I of then taken two pills that day since I forgot one the night previously?

Yes!
You always make up a missed pill as soon as you remember. Then take your next pill at the usual time.
If you did not do this, keep taking your pills and use a back up (condom) for seven days. You should be ok.

Anonymous

Hi Susan,
I was supposed to take one of my pills but fell asleep and forgot, I woke up the next morning and took it straight away. My boyfriend I continued to have sex like normal without a condom. About a week later I went out of town and had forgotten my birth control at home. I had to take the missed pill 24 hours after I was supposed to and started to spot. I have resumed to take my birth control like scheduled but the spotting has not stopped and I have started to bleed as if I am on my period even though I should not start it for 5 more days. Is there a chance I am pregnant?

It's highly unlikely you are pregnant. Some women spot when they miss pills.

Anonymous

Hi Susan!
So I have a question. I was on the second week of my birth control pack and Sunday night I must have forgot to take the pill. Monday afternoon without even realizing I forgot my pill my boyfriend and I had unprotected sex. Then I took both Sunday and Monday's pill Monday night. Do I need plan b? Is it likely I'm going to get pregnant?

Pregnancy Guide

Pregnant? Where do you get your information and support about pregnancy and delivery? :