Pregnancy Guide

ask: What are my chances of getting pregnant if i missed one pill and made it up ASAP?

I missed one pill Thursday night, in my third week, but made it up as soon as i woke up on Friday morning. I also took my pill about 3 hours late on Saturday night, which would have been my last active pill. My boyfriend and I had sex soon after. We used a condom, but it broke. He had already went shortly before we had sex. He went inside of me not knowing the condom broke, but he barely went. What are my chances of getting pregnant?

Anonymous

My girlfriend and I had unprotected sex on a Thursday night then she missed her Friday pill and made up for it about Saturday afternoon then took the second pill later at the right time. I did not ejaculate. Could she be pregnant? She's on sprintec

Anonymous

Hello ,
I missed one pill on the seconed day of my third week ( 5 pills till my pill-free days) and took it the next day as soon as I remembered ... I have had unprotected sex the night before I missed the pill and now I'm in day 6 of my pill-free days ... could I be pregnant ??

Anonymous

2 days prior to having unprotected sex I missed both of my pills by around 3-4 hours but I took them as soon as I remembered. Am I at risk for pregency? Please help

Anonymous

Hello, I would like to hear some feedback. In the first week of this pack, I was 12 hours late on a combined (Falmina) low-dose bcp. I usually took it at night and instead I took it the following morning. I also decided to change my pill-taking-time to morning from then on, as doubling up on doses makes me feel sick. Is this ok to do?

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Yes, switching over should be fine.

Anonymous

I've been on birth control for over 2 years now. I started my new packet on a Sunday at 12 am. We had sex shortly after w/ no condom. Could I be pregnant? I still have 15 days before my period and I know it's too soon to test. I feel like I'm going to go crazy if I don't get an answer soon

Anon

There is no risk of pregnancy, as long as you take your pill when prescribed.

Anonymous

Hi. I'm on Marvelon. I started my new pack on Monday and i missed my pill on Thursday. I had sex earlier on that Thursday night 8PM and then on Friday afternoon. I only remembered to take my Thursday pill on Friday night so I took both Thursday and Friday pills together. Am I likely to get pregnant?

Anon

You made your pill up as prescribed so you are fine. 

Read up on the literature that comes with your pill packet so you know what to do if you miss pills.

Anonymous

I forgot to take a pill on the second week (wednesday). I did not realize I forgot the missing pill until the following Sunday, which I took two pills that day. I've had unprotected sex during that time frame. Any chance I could be pregnant since I did not make up for the missing pill until days later? I've been taking all the rest normally. My pill is a low dose combination pill. Should I be worried about pregnancy?

Pregnant? Where do you get your information and support about pregnancy and delivery? :