What are my chances of getting pregnant if i missed one pill and made it up ASAP?

I missed one pill Thursday night, in my third week, but made it up as soon as i woke up on Friday morning. I also took my pill about 3 hours late on Saturday night, which would have been my last active pill. My boyfriend and I had sex soon after. We used a condom, but it broke. He had already went shortly before we had sex. He went inside of me not knowing the condom broke, but he barely went. What are my chances of getting pregnant?

Anonymous

My boyfriend and I had unprotected sex and he nutted inside of me, that night I fell asleep without taking my birth control and didn't realize until the next night so I doubled up. Is there a chance that I could have gotten pregnant? I noticed that I had some bleeding before I took the two pills.

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

I cannot tell you what the bleeding was from other than possibly not enough lubrication - friction can cause some bleeding. But as long as you doubled up the next day, your risk will not be raised.

Anonymous

Hello,
I am a Sunday starter on reclipsen birth control, which I have been on for a couple years. During week 2, I was late taking two or three pills. I usually take them between 7-9 am but did not remember until later in the afternoon on those days. On the Sunday (start of week 3), I completely missed my pill and took it with Monday's pill at roughly 8am. I had bleeding when wiping after using the bathroom and at various times during the day for 2 or 3 days starting the Tuesday after missing Sunday's pill. I had unprotected sex both during week 2 when I was late taking my pill and missed 1 day. I also had unprotected sex at midnight before taking the Sunday pill of my 4th and last week of the pill pack. Should I take plan B tomorrow Sunday or is it unlikely i'm pregnant?

Maryann Gromisch RN Guide (reply to Anonymous)

The bleeding was triggered by the missed doses. I hope you have not taken Plan B. Talk with your gynecologist today. It may be too late to take an ECP.

Regards,

Anonymous (reply to Maryann Gromisch RN)

I did not take plan b or any ECP. Should i be concerned about pregnancy or is it unlikely?

Anonymous

Hello
Last night I forgot to take my pill around 11 last night but remembered this morning around 7 am. It's the first week of the pack ( day 3 ) Tonight my boyfriend and I had sex but the condom broke. He thinks he some of his semen went inside me. Should I take a plan b to be safe

By the time you read my reply, it has been five days since this happened and too late to take an emergency contraceptive. And, it may not have been necessary since you took the missed pill only 8 hours later.

Making up for the missed dose was the right thing to do. I hope you have continued to take your daily pills. To be sure, contact your gynecologist and report what has happened.

Regards,

Anonymous

i forgot to take the 3rd pill in the pack and took it an hour late. I'm worried this will raise my chances of pregnancy as it is in the first week. should i use a back up method for the next week to be sure?

You were still protected even though you took the pill one hour later than normally. It is a good idea to use a back up method for the next week, just to be sure.

Regards,

Anonymous

I took my pill 4 hours late on my first week on a friday (first week on birth control as well) and my partner and I had unprotected sex on Wednesday. He came in me. Should I take the plan b pill to be safe?