Pregnancy Guide

ask: What are my chances of getting pregnant if i missed one pill and made it up ASAP?

I missed one pill Thursday night, in my third week, but made it up as soon as i woke up on Friday morning. I also took my pill about 3 hours late on Saturday night, which would have been my last active pill. My boyfriend and I had sex soon after. We used a condom, but it broke. He had already went shortly before we had sex. He went inside of me not knowing the condom broke, but he barely went. What are my chances of getting pregnant?

toya21

I had sex last week sunday i took my birth control monday on time but i lost my pills and i wasnt taking dem for the rest of last week and its a new week is there i chance that im pregnant

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to toya21)

Hi toya21

Your risk is very, very low but it's possible. Start a fresh pack and take a pregnancy test in a couple of weeks just to rule that out.

Anonymous

Okay,I had sex with my bf but, i forgot to take my Birth control pill that night and i didn't take one till the next day on my reguler time to take it although i didn't take too i just toke one ...Could i be pregant?

Anonymous

I am have also been on lo lorstrin fe birth control for a month and a week now and I ALWAYS take my pill everyday at the same time, but yesterday I didn't have my cell phone on me with the alarm that reminds me to take it. I then remembered I hadn't taken it and it was an hour and 19min late. Is this considered a missed pill? Should I take another just to be sure? I am sexually active and I had unprotected sex last week. Could I be pregnant? Answers please idk what to do! also today when I went to the bathroom I was spotting not alot but just a little what could that mean?

Maryann Gromisch RN Guide (reply to Anonymous)

You should have taken the missed birth control pill as soon as you realized that you had forgotten.

Missed pills can cause spotting or light bleeding. If you didn't take the dose at all yesterday, take two today. You may feel a little sick to your stomach. This is a known side effect.

As long as you were taking your birth control pills last week, then it was not unprotected sex and you were not at risk for becoming pregnant.

Anonymous

The first day i got my birth control we had unprotected sex a lot, two weeks after, i took two pills late and forgot one pill but on that day we had sex and the condom broke i made it up the next day but a week after that i started my period for 10 days usally itsonly 4 days we had unprotected and protected sex but after i got off my period yesterday i woke up this morning sick and during the day sick i feel better after i throw up, and the last 7 pills i didnt take cause i didnt think it mattered but doest it ? Could i be pregnant ?

Anonymous

Hi,
Last cycle I took my pills a bit late 2-3 times throughout the three weeks - culminating in taking the last active pill (which should have been taken on Saturday afternoon) Sunday evening. I had already been spotting during the last 3-4 days of active pills (from Weds or Thurs) and then had my period during the inactive week as usual. I then had unprotected sex the following Saturday just after my period ended (6 days after taking the late active pill, 10 days after starting spotting). I started the next pack of pills ontime the next day as usual. It's now been two weeks so I still have close to a week of active pills.

My concern is about taking several of the pills during the last cycle up to 15 hrs late - could that affect my cycle and leave me unprotected even though I got back on track and waited 6 days after the last active pill to have intercourse?

Thanks.

Anonymous

Hello I really need some advice! I have been taking my pills daily around the same time. Unfortunately, I forgot to take my pill on Tuesday. That Wedsnesday, my boyfriend and I had sex. I took my pill for that Wednesday and the one I missed that Tuesday around 12:45. We had unprotected sex around 2:00. Do you think it had dissolved in my system by then? Please help!!

Anonymous

Please help
I have been taking loestrin for over a year. I missed one pill in the middle of week 3. I took 2 pills the next day (one in the morning and one at my usual time). I had my period and started taking a new pack of pills. I few days into the new pack I had sex with my boyfriend and the condom fell off. About a week later I developed a yeast infection, which I've never had before and some people seem to think is an early sign of pregnancy. I went to the doctor a few days ago (about ten days after the condom fell off) and she did a urine test that came back negative but I'm still really worried because maybe its still too early to show on the test. Please help I'm freaking out.
Sarah

I'm not one of the experts but I got an email saying someone commented. (I was hoping it was a response to mine).., I doubt you are pregnant. Especially if you did not miss a pill with the new pack when the condom fell off. Also, I have never heard a yeast infection as an early sign of pregnancy. And, 10 days after sex is probably too early to know for urine test. When are you due for your next period? I'd wait until then to take a home test (first response is what I used). I posted about missing a pill and not using a condom. I was a worried wreck too. I am now 8 days late on my period, but I took a test two days ago and it was negative. I'm starting to cramp so I know I'm about to start. All I can tell you is DO NOT WORRY until you can know for sure. All it does is make you crazy and may delay your period. I don't believe you are pregnant though. You would have had to miss more than one or two to reslly up the chances.

Pregnant? Where do you get your information and support about pregnancy and delivery? :