What are my chances of getting pregnant if i missed one pill and made it up ASAP?

I missed one pill Thursday night, in my third week, but made it up as soon as i woke up on Friday morning. I also took my pill about 3 hours late on Saturday night, which would have been my last active pill. My boyfriend and I had sex soon after. We used a condom, but it broke. He had already went shortly before we had sex. He went inside of me not knowing the condom broke, but he barely went. What are my chances of getting pregnant?

Anonymous

i know you shouldn't miss the first or last pill of the pack, but what are the actual risks of getting pregnant by doing so?

Maryann Gromisch RN Guide (reply to Anonymous)

The highest risk of ovulation occurs when the hormone-free interval (the time when inactive pills are taken or there is a break between active pills) is prolonged for than seven days. This can occur by either delaying the start of your birth control pack or by missing active pills during the first or third weeks of birth control pill use.

Regards,

Anonymous

I missed a pill in the second week of my birth control pack and have been on Junel Fe 1/20 for 2 years. I take my pill at 8pm usually but forgot and took it at 10am the next morning. I'm supposed to be getting my period and right now just have a thick white discharge. I have no other symptoms besides my boobs being a little sore. What are the chances I could be pregnant?

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Your pregnancy risk has not been raised since you made up your missed pill within 14 hours.

Your discharge could be just a normal bodily function - you'll probably get your bleeding soon, try not to worry.

Anonymous

I missed one pill and took it the next night with my pill for that night. It was a pill in week two I believe. I had unprotected sex. I had my period a couple days after, and am currently on week 3 of my pills, so am not sure about whether or not my period will be coming next week. It has been a month since we had unprotected sex and I have been feeling breast tenderness and experiencing breast growth. I am freaking out and worrying. Am I pregnant?

Well, nobody can say "yes, you're pregnant!" over the internet but there is nothing in what you say to indicate that you may be pregnant. Everything is on track, you made up your pill correctly and had your period later. Therefore there is no reason to wonder if you are pregnant.

Anonymous

Hi. On my 3rd month of the combined pill and i haven't missed any, my boyfriend and i had sex everyday around the time i would be ovulating and unprotected sex on the 14th day of my cycle and even though he came outside, it was near my vagina so i cant help but think that some might have gone inside. today (5 days later) i found a very very faint stain of what seems like it could be blood and I'm worried it could be implantation bleeding, is there i chance it could be? i've felt no other pregnancy symptoms

Anonymous

So I had been having problems with UTI's over the course of a month from late February into March. I had taken cypro at first starting a ten day regimen on February 24 and postponed the start of birth control because I didn't know if it would effect the effectiveness. I had gotten my period like normal a week or so after finishing the medication and had then started on yaz. Around the ninth of March I had a reaccurring UTI and was prescribed Bactrim. My boyfriend and I still had sex, and were protected but I missed one pill. The day after I missed I followed the instructions and took two that night. The only problem is I feel cramps and bloating, but I'm not bleeding even though I started my placebo pills two days ago. I am not sure if it could be pregnancy or the pill because the first time I had a period while on it I barely spotted for three or four days although I still had cramps.

Antibiotics such as Bactrim may reduce the effectiveness of Yaz in some women.

Please speak with your gynecologist who may suggest you take a blood or urine pregnancy test.

Anonymous

Have a question myself.
2 weeks ago which was the first week of my new birth control pack I missed a pill. Took 2 pills the next day when I remembered. I did have unprotected sex during this time.
Now ( 2 weeks later ) cramping like im going to start which is unusual being in the middle of my pack. Could pregnancy be a concerning factor at this point? My husband and I have 2 children so knowing the signs of pregnancy isn't anything new to me and I have cramped like this with both of them ( implantation cramping / spotting ) I guess what im asking is is it possible I could of ovulated ?