What are my chances of getting pregnant if i missed one pill and made it up ASAP?

I missed one pill Thursday night, in my third week, but made it up as soon as i woke up on Friday morning. I also took my pill about 3 hours late on Saturday night, which would have been my last active pill. My boyfriend and I had sex soon after. We used a condom, but it broke. He had already went shortly before we had sex. He went inside of me not knowing the condom broke, but he barely went. What are my chances of getting pregnant?

Anonymous

Hi,
I miss a pill on 10th July. Then took one on 11th. Then missed pill on 12th and took one last pill of pack on 13th. I have unprotected sex on both days I missed pills. It's now 28th and I have not come on! I took a test on 22nd and it was negative. Is there a high chance of pregnancy? (I want to be pregnant!) I have had increased peeing and bloating but no other symptoms really.

Thanks!

Anonymous

I missed one pill this month and I took it the next morning with my pill for that day, but I can't remember for the life of me when in this month it was. My boyfriend and I had sex on Sunday and Tuesday of this week and we always use a condom and he also pulls out. My period was supposed to start on Wednesday (that was when I began taking the sugar pills in my pack) and I didn't get any bleeding until Friday and even then it was just dark brown spotting. I took a pregnancy test to make sure that wasn't considered a "missed period due to pregnancy" and the test came back negative. But if I got pregnant when we had sex on Sunday or Monday, wouldn't it be too early for the test to come back positive? Could I be pregnant? Or am I just being paranoid. I've also not had any other symptoms of pregnancy (nausea, abdominal cramping, breast tenderness, food cravings, etc.). I'm pretty sure it's nearly impossible to get pregnant if I'm taking the pill at the same time every day, using condoms, AND pulling out. Even if I missed one day of pills. I'm really just asking this for outside points of view and my own peace of mind

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

It was indeed too early to test. Levels of hcg, the hormone produced only during pregnancy, can be detected in urine about 12 to 14 days following conception.

I am concerned about the delay in withdrawal bleeding and that it was only dark brown spotting. Mention this to your gynecologist.

Regards,

Anonymous

I missed one pill and I usually take it at 11pm. I took it the next day at around 12 am. I've had unprotected sex several days before & after that time. is there a risk of me becoming pregnant?

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

If you were only late by one hour in taking your birth control pill on only one occasion, why do you say you had unprotected sex several days before and after that time?

Have you missed pills more than once and did you make up for those missed pills?

If you have had unprotected intercourse several times, there was a chance for becoming pregnant.

Anonymous

Hi,

I've been taking the combined pill for 4 months and I was taking them at the same time every day until a few weeks ago. I went on holiday with my partner for 2 weeks and I kept taking them late, at random times of the day, but I still took one every day.
I was due a few days ago and I'm always on time. I have an ovulation calander which shows me the days that I'm fertile and ovulating, in those days I had intercourse 4 times with no extra protection and my partner 'did his deed' inside me.
Since then I've been getting the 'signs' of early pregnancy. Mood swings, nausea, headaches, feeling very tired and then not sleeping at all, slight tender breasts, aching, heightened sense of smell, lack of interest in certain foods, slight cramping in lower abdomen (unlike normal period pains), etc...
I've also had some more stress than usual.
I've been pregnant before (it didn't work out), so I sort of know how my body reacts. When I was pregnant before, I knew I was before I took the test, some weird feeling, and I have the same feeling again.

I'm planning on waiting a few more days to see what happens and if Mother Nature decides to show, but I thought I'd post on here to get your opinion on this.

Thanks

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

If you are taking a daily combination hormonal birth control pill, you should not be ovulating and should have withdrawal bleeding during the week of inactive or placebo pills.

Taking your active pills at a different time for a two week period could have caused a drop in hormone levels.

If you do not have bleeding during the inactive pill week, test for pregnancy before starting a new pack.

Regards,

Anonymous

I usually take my pill at 7am each morning. I took my pill on time on on the first week of my new pack and had unprotected sex. The next morning I had unprotected sex again, but realized I missed my pill by a couple of hours. Both times my boyfriend finished inside. I took my pill immediately after noticing I was late. Am I at risk for pregnancy?

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

I think you should not be at risk for pregnancy. That is if you took both missed pills once you realized it and took them within 12 hours (by 7 pm).

Anonymous

I am on a low-dose birth control and I took my pill two hours late, but my boyfriend came inside of me after I took the pill. After we had sex I started bleeding but it went away after a day. We used protection the following week but now I have the urge to pee all the time. Does this mean I am pregnant? Thanks!