what are my chances of getting pregnant when i missed 2 active pills in new pack?

I missed the first two active pills in a new pack. I had sex both days and was unprotected. I had sex also bout 3 days before also during my nonactive pill days. What are my chances of becoming pregnant?

You are protected during your non-active pill days as long as you have taken the pill correctly that month. With regard to missing pills and not making them up, your risk has been raised somewhat (we cannot give percentages etc) as that's the case when anyone misses pills and does not make them up. You should use back-up protection for a week and if you don't get your breakthrough bleeding when expected, test for pregnancy. Hopefully you'll be fine!

Thank you Susan. That was very helpful. I did take the 2 days I missed soon as I remembered. Does that still have my risk of becoming pregnant high?

It depends when you made up the pills. Was it the next day and then you took your regular pill as normal? Then yes, you should be ok but you have to use a backup, to be sure (for seven days). You don't need a back up if you only miss one pill and make it up the next day as well as take that days pill too.

Some doctors also advise using emergency contraception - however, that may mess up your entire month. Other doctors believe the made up pills and backup birth control suffices.