What are my chances of pregnancy?!!!

By October 13, 2015 - 12:06pm

I started taking the birth control pills on 10/4/2015. I missed my birth control pill on Friday and doubled on Saturday. I missed my pill on Sunday and had unprotected sex that night. I was away from my pills on Monday, so I couldn't double up or even take Monday's pill. Today is Tuesday and I'm able to take my pill today... Am I protected? What's the chance that I can become pregnant??? Please help as much as you can...

I took my birth control 2 hours to an hour and a half early because I knew I wouldn't be able to take them at the regular time, and than I had unprotected sex right after I took the pills early. What are the chances I could be pregnant

There is no additional risk of pregnancy.

Hi hellobeauty!

Err on the side of caution and use condoms for the next 10 days while taking your pill everyday. As to whether you could get pregnant from not taking your pills - it's possible since you just started taking them, even though you've been making them up.

I am very nervous. I was on depo before but it caused too many mood swings and weight gain. So I switched to the pill on 10/04... Should I have taken a Plan B pill? Are my chances of being pregnant high?

HERWriter Guide (reply to hellobeauty)

Hi again!

With all due respect, you're doing an awful job at taking one little pill per day! :) Put a daily alarm on your phone for the same time each day.

Your risk is low but we do not give out any more reassurance than that as each case is different. You can take Plan B if you wish and read the side effects so you know what to expect. Just hang tight and hope for the best. I think you should be ok but there are no guarantees.

Lol! I totally agree with you. That's one of the reasons I removed myself off of the pill years ago. I'm an insurance agent and a mother to a 3 year old, my head is everywhere. However, I'm going to get it on track. Thank you for your advice :) When will I be able to know if I do become pregnant? I'm a nervous wreck and I just want a peace of mind... :/

HERWriter Guide (reply to hellobeauty)

Think where your head would be if you 'accidentally' had another child!
When I was on the Pill before marriage and kids. the mere sight of a child had me remembering my pills - no way was I having one!

You can test for pregnancy about 21 days after sex. I'm going to guess it'll be negative :)