What are the odds of me being pregnant from...

By Anonymous November 10, 2011 - 2:14am

So my boyfriend and I were having sex two weeks ago and we used a condom. He finished and we were in a romantic mood, so he stayed inside of me for a moment while we gazed into each other's eyes. Anyways. He had mentioned that I was tightening up, which I felt as well, but I couldn't stop it. He pulled out and the condom was gone. We looked for it for a bit and I checked to see if it was inside of me, but no luck. We assumed it had gotten lost in the sheets and called it a night and decided to look for it in the morning. Morning came and no luck. I went to take a shower and my lower abdomen was really sore. So I checked my vagina again and I went in deeper to discover that the condom was wedged behind my cervix. I pulled it out and there was a lot of cum missing from the condom and it was still in liquid form. I am not on any sort of birth control method for medical reasons. What are the chances that I could be pregnant from all of that?

Unfortunately if the condom was stuck inside of you and you had to pull it out, you have to assume that some semen went inside of you. That being the case, sperm can live inside of the human body for up to a week--so, if you were ovulating at the time, there is a possibility of pregnancy.

If you are late or have a missed period, please take a pregnancy test.

Best of luck,

Anonymous (reply to Rosa Cabrera RN)

I was not ovulating at the time, but I've been experiencing tenderness in my breasts for the past 4 days (going on 5) and that NEVER happens unless I'm on my period. I'm not due for another one until next week. I've read that tenderness is an early indicator of pregnancy and can occur long before a missed period. Is there any reason I should be even more concerned?

(reply to Anonymous)

Breast tenderness is an early indicator of pregnancy. However, it is also an early indicator of your menstrual cycle. Please do not go by this, once your period is either late or a couple of days away, you can test for pregnancy. 

All the best,