What are some good outdoor exercises for fall?

By September 5, 2014 - 11:57am

I have a gym membership, but now that it's starting to cool down, I would love to head outdoors to exercise. What are some good outdoor exercises?

Hi Kelly!

Thank you for sharing your question with the EmpowHER community! As cooler temps make their debut, trees get ready for the change of season and what better than to lace up your running or hiking shoes and breath in some fresh air. 

I too have a gym membership, but most days I'd rather trade that in for a great hike or the chance to kayak around a local lake. 

Here are some great outdoor exercises. Some you may have thought of or hopefully I provided a few new ones to explore. The regular standbys include running, biking and hiking...but have you thought about...

1. Jumping rope at the park

2. Yoga in the park

3. Grab a girlfriend and do the exercise map at a nearby park

4. Kayak at a local lake

5. Climb the stairs at the local high school stadium

Here's a strength and cardio circuit for the park:

Jumping jacks
High knees
Tricep dips (use a bench or curb)
Belly crunches

Do each exercise for 60-90 seconds. Rest between exercises as needed. Repeat two or three times.

I hope some of these sound fun to you. Let me know if you get a chance to do any of these!

Fitness Guide