What are ways to reduce stress while at school?

By Anonymous February 9, 2015 - 1:16pm

At school I often times find myself very stressed out. What are ways to get some perspective and just breathe?

Tap on your thymus with your finger tips, which is located at the base of your neck two inches below the U-shaped dip as you say: "Even though I am stress out about: ________________________________(state what you feel overwhelmed about specifically) I am willing to love and accept myself anyway and I choose to remember I have handled difficult situations before successfully and I can do it again. I am not alone, God is with me, all things are possible. Repeat this for 1-3 min, , make sure to breathe deeply. Remember stress is simply the power we give to outside circumstance to define our worth, value and what we believe we are capable of handling successfully.

Blessings to you,

Thanks for your post. 

What is making you anxious at school? Is it the course load or being away from home? Making new friends or relationship troubles? Are you also working?

If you are overwhelmed with schoolwork, talk to your teachers about this.  They understand that it can be a bit overwhelming for some students and can work with you - they can also recommend a tutor if you need one. 

Be sure to stay in contact with home - visit home when you can and encourage friends and family to visit you. 

Join some clubs that hold your interest, whether it's sports, culture and the Arts, social issues, history, languages etc. You'll have good fun and make new friends. 

All colleges have counselors that can help you - usually for no charge. Please avail of them. Everything you say will be kept private. 

It's really important to eat healthy foods and sleep well.  Study regularly so you don't have to pull all-nighters. 

Meditation and yoga classes are an excellent source of good breathing and relaxation techniques.  Your school may offer this.  If not, coupon companies like Groupon offer great deals. 

Let us know if we can help you further.