What is the average mile time for someone in their 20s?

I am starting to set goals when I run. What is a normal time frame for running a mile (for someone in their 20s)

I'm not sure there is an average time! Depending on your level of fitness, this time will differ. 

Someone just starting out could take ten minutes or longer to run a mile. An experienced runner can make it to that "four minute mile" that most set a goal for. This four minute mile takes a lot of time and practice - it means that you will run approximately 15 miles per hour which is quite fast. Doing this for a mile will be quite an achievement so this would be something to build up to, not try for right away! 

Here are some running tips for you:

I hope this helps! 

Fitness Guide