What is the best method of getting rid if lines around the mouth?

By April 24, 2010 - 3:17am

I have had some laser and one dermabrasion. The physican that I have seen for these procedures recommends "lip plumping" which is an injection of something into the limps. This somehow does not sound like the best choice to me. What would be a more permanent and better choice for a woman over the age of 55?

Hi again flojoe!

I thought you were looking for something permanent, and that's usually implants.

If you are looking for something that lasts a while but is still temporary, then Juvaderm may be right for you. Juvaderm is an injectable gel.

The laser you are thinking of is probably the treatment called "laser skin resurfacing" and it's quite effective.

The cost will depend on where you live and the doctor you choose. Again, I recommend a board certified professional.

He or she will be able to advise you on a treatment that will work best for you, based on your individual case.

Before and after pics are always welcome!

Hi flojoe

This is something all men and women face, as they age.

If you are not looking for something temporary, then you will be looking into lip implants. Some of the materials used come from animals (or even humans - you can have your own fat sucked out and used to fill your lips) but most fillers now are synthetic.

Usually some kind of tube is used. You can talk to a plastic surgeon about what option is best for you, with your particular needs.

A word of warning, make sure the surgeon is board certified and be careful with this surgery and the amount of synthetic material used. Women (Lisa Rinna, for example) can end up looking like they have hemorrhoids on their lips and it's not a pretty sight.

Good luck with your choice, take you time and evaluate the doctor carefully, before diving in!

Good advice, but not the direction I was going. Looking more for juvederm,or whatever is used to fill in lines. Would laser fix some of the wrinkle damage? I am searching for something that is relatively inexpensive and quick/ or at least quicker than a face lift. txs, flojoe