What is the best non drowsy allergy medicine?

By Blogger July 7, 2014 - 7:17am

Out of nowhere I began having severe allergy symptoms like congestion and sneezing. I tried Benedryl, but it really made me drowsy and feel really strange all day. And the non drowsy allergy medicine I tried didn't seem to work.

Does anyone have any suggestions for the best non drowsy allergy medicine to take?

Hi Hayden

Benadryl will definitely make a person drowsy! They have a non-drowsy version - did you try that one? 

The non-drowsy that works for my husband is Zyrtec and it works well for him. Try that if you haven't. 

Also, consider taking a 24 hour pill and take it in the evening. The drowsy effects may not last the next day and you may feel more refreshed. 

Have your tired a neti-pot? Read about these here!

Let us know if you find relief!

Allergies Guide