What is this brown stuff?

By June 8, 2016 - 11:03pm

Ok, sometimes my vaginal area will leak a slightly brownish substance but it is usually mixed in with my (clear) discharge. It usually stops after a day and doesn't come back for quite a while. However, I have to ask what is this stuff? And is it a medical concern that I should go see a doctor about?

Hi LilLady

This discharge often means that your period is on it's way or that it has recently finished. Brown blood is old blood.

What time of the month does did happen, when it does happen? It's not generally a cause of concern.

Read more here: http://www.empowher.com/reproductive-system/content/my-vaginal-discharge-normal