What can help with severe night sweats and numerous hot flashes daily!

Had my thyroid removed 5 years ago, currently taking synthroid, allergic to shell fish and iodine. I've been having these symptoms for several years and it's just getting worse. Doctors are no help at all.

Thank you for your post and I am sorry to read you're in such misery. I know that hot flashes can be just miserable, but dealing with them both day and night isn't something anyone should have to put up with. 

Have you considered hormone replacement therapy? This generally eases or even eliminates any kind of hot flashes. HRT cannot be used by a woman with a history of breast cancer or reproductive cancers. 

Would you consider this? Are you also menopausal or younger?

Last year, the FDA approved a non-hormonal treatment for hot flashes: read more here: 

For those with hot flashes due to thyroid issues, a radioactive iodine treatment has seen great success. Has anyone talked to you about this option? 

There are also ways to treat hot flashes naturally -  check out this EmpowHER Q&A here:

Let us know what you think of these options! 

Hot Flashes